A pleasure for me introduce you...

FVGuitars

Reaction score
my favorite instrument!

Tenor kasha braced! All box in Hawaiian curly Koa, neck Mahogany, fingerbord Bubinga, bridge ebony. Brace Sitka spurce. Binding an purfling Maple and abalone zipflex. Abalone inlay. Shellac finishing.
Some pictures...
Kasha barced:
32interno.jpg

Dovetail joint
img9895l.jpg

img9987j.jpg

img9994hb.jpg

I hope you like it
in the video section you can hear it.

Bye!
Francesco

Nice work beautifully executed. Unfortunately is seems to be a duplicate of Eric DeVine's signature work (including rosette and head stock). You'll get a lot more satisfaction next time if you include some of your own personal elements into your designs.

Nice work beautifully executed. Unfortunately is seems to be a duplicate of Eric DeVine's signature work (including rosette and head stock). You'll get a lot more satisfaction next time if you include some of your own personal elements into your designs.

Yes! It's true! I'm great fan of DeVine!
This is my first Uke, and I wanted to replicate one of his uke...
I'm not Eric DeVine. I know! :)

Thanks, I will follow your advice!

Last edited:
Wow another copy cat...

are you proud of your work?can I ask who are you going to copy next....

Last edited:
Wow another copy cat...

yes I'm...
Why I should not be proud of my work?
This uke is for me! I liked it and I tried to replicate it...
logically I'haven't DeVine plan... I just saw some pictures of it...

is this a shame?
Is there a luthier who has never copied an instrument?
Martin, Gibson...
You know someone?

other copies ... certainly none of yours
Bye...

Last edited:
Your work looks great. That's a beautiful job.

Excellent advice from Chuck. I'm sure everyone would love to see some more original examples.

Just to clarify, In Francesco's post in our 'New Member Introductions' thread he clearly states that he builds instruments for the enjoyment of doing so, not for business.

A tribute to Eric DeVine's work built by the owner for the owner's own enjoyment is one thing. Copies offered for sale are a very different matter, as we have seen recently with some shameless rip-offs of Chuck's work. UU does not tolerate the hawking of counterfeit or rip-off instruments.

That does not appear to be the case here. Francesco's website does not seem to offer instruments for sale.

Wow another copy cat...

yes I'm...
Why I should not be proud of my work?
This uke is for me! I liked it and I tried to replicate it...
logically I'haven't DeVine plan... I just saw some pictures of it...

is this a shame?
Is there a luthier who has never copied an instrument?
Martin, Gibson...
You know someone?

other copies ... certainly none of yours
Bye...

Infatto - come diciamo nel'inglese: L'imitazione è la forma di adulazione la più sincera. Come maleducato!

Infatto - come diciamo nel'inglese: L'imitazione è la forma di adulazione la più sincera. Come maleducato!

Not only the most sincere form of flattery, but also a traditional way for an artist to hone his skills and measure his abilities against an artistic yardstick.
(Purtroppo, maleducati comportamento è sia relativa e diffusa. :( )

Francesco, you do beautiful work. There are some who faithfully reproduce Martins and are rightfully praised for it. If this piece is for you and you are not trying to pass the design off as your own or profit from it (which you are clearly not), then you should be very proud of so beautifully achieving your goal. Tenere la testa alta!

Try to think of your work like doing a painting, originality is everything. Yes, you can certainly copy a Monet, Van Gogh, etc., and have a lot of fun doing it and learn from the experience. Its when you show your work to another painter and they say "Yes, but its just a copy". Copying some other luthiers work doesn't always get you praise, especially if that luthier is still working.

I am sure we all look forward to seeing your creativity in the future. Good luck.

Wow another copy cat...

A bit harsh perhaps?
Timbuck makes fabulous copies of Martin Ukes, I don't here posters complaining about that, and why should they. I make copies of Gibson UB2 banjo ukes that haven't been produced since the 1930's or 40's.
This poster seems to have made it for his own personal use, and a beautiful job he made of it. I'm sure his next work will represent more of his own style. More power to him.

A bit harsh perhaps?
Timbuck makes fabulous copies of Martin Ukes, I don't here posters complaining about that, and why should they. I make copies of Gibson UB2 banjo ukes that haven't been produced since the 1930's or 40's.
This poster seems to have made it for his own personal use, and a beautiful job he made of it. I'm sure his next work will represent more of his own style. More power to him.

Thanks for your input...

the only reason I made the comments above is because I have a Tenor Devine on order now...and it will be ready in 2014 for me...

Francesco, welcome to the UU and congratulations on a fine looking and sounding instrument. Also some excellent playing to showcase it. True art in it's purest form is inspirational by definition and to draw on such work as a starting point for one's own endeavour is certainly no crime in and of itself. I'm sure we all look forward very much to seeing the evolution of your own artistic vision.

Very beautiful instrument and well played. I am an Eric DeVine fan as well because he is constantly evolving as an artist. I hope to own and play one of his instruments one day.

Thanks for your input...

the only reason I made the comments above is because I have a Tenor Devine on order now...and it will be ready in 2014 for me...

Perhaps this is a very sensitive area were some Devine owners 0r future devine owners may see their ukes they paid 4000+ devalued if there is a market
for devine copies out there, I can understand that...I know and hope the poster will play his uke and enjoy it as it is very beautiful and will not sell it as he stated in the future...
He is new and sounds like a real nice guy, and unaware of the previous fiasco with the Moore Bettah Copies last month or so....lets give him the benefit of the doubt that he will honor his word.:)
I hope we all can move on and the heavy tensions can subside.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom