Really enjoying the UU website!

SeaArtNancy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!!!
I finally had some time to really dig in and explore the UU website...I've learned more in a few hours tonight with Aldrine's videos and Uke Minutes than I have in the past few months of taking lessons from a very "guitar oriented" instructor!
Thanks so much UU for doing such a great job and really helping me on this journey!!!!!

hi nancy, did you ever try new strings on the kala? i've got the same one, i think, the as-asac-t, and i'm pretty happy with it as is but would like to know what changes might occur with just a string change and what kind of strings you tried. thanks..

Aldrine's UU+ lessons are great. Your post reminded me that I need to get back to those.

Yes I sure did!!!! I changed the Aquilas to Worth Browns...big difference as far as tension and string diameter...they are still settling in and I've been adjusting/tuning 2x daily....the tone is a bit more mellow but very pretty. Ii'm finding that its a bit tougher for me to play longer since my fingers tend to still be sensitive. I'm such a beginner so I'm still working on hitting the chords properly with out buzzing,and trying to figure out if its easier for a beginner to learn on thicker string or thinner strings- I have noticed an improvement in my sound quality since I've changed them!

Top Bottom