PDA

View Full Version : Pono 6 String Tenor

Teek
08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Pono 6 string solid mahogany tenor ukulele, ebony fretboard, bridge, bindings and headstock faceplate. Grover geared tuners, pearl fret markers, side dots and inlaid name on headstock. Bone nut and saddle, black/white rosette. Comes with UkeCrazy basket weave hard case. At this time I would prefer to sell locally to sidestep PayPal fees and shipping hassle, so looking for any interest in the Los Angeles area. Asking $450, I think the UkeCrazy cases run around $75-$80 plus shipping but haven't looked recently. I got this one from opahcat, who is actually Ko'olau on eBay. There's nothing wrong with it, it has a lovely tone, bell like with a lot of sustain, but I am downsizing and have more attachment to my battered old Maui Music, though I think the Pono is more playable and even sounds a bit better, with noticeably more ring and natural reverb.

There are pics here on the L.A. Craigslist (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msg/3982524641.html). If you are not in LA you can PM me anyway, but I'm not in a hurry, just making room.

Beau.in.the.key.of..
08-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Man she is pretty.

Good luck with your sale!

erios999
08-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I put up a posting hoping to trade/trade + cash for a Pono 6 a few days ago. $450 is a little out of budget at the very moment. Perhaps if I can sell my two ukes in time I could buy this from you.