Devine thoughts

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
Eric Devine tells me that my Devine uke is getting close to shipping. I can't write enough about how enthused I am with the anticipation of playing her.

What will she sound like?

Lots of things have changed since when I first ordered it. Family stuff mainly. And that is appropriate because this Devine will be my son's heirloom gift (after I play it for 20 years).

How will it feel to play a custom uke made for my son?

Will I be able to put down the Maya Moe that has served me well? That May Moe sounds good and is virtually indestructible and doesn't leave strum marks. An amazing instrument - excellent value for the money.

Anyways, with a family, I've come to realize that resources become scarce. haha Disposable income goes to diapers and milk for the babies. And I do it gladly.

So down to the brass tacks. I have to consider selling some of my ukes. The key word is "consider". I have no desire to sell any but we need the diapers. :) Actually, I still have a laundry list of other ukes to buy and I will in time.

I can source money; but prefer to keep those monetary instruments for true emergencies. Does getting a Devine qualify as a true emergency? probably.

In the meantime, if any of the persons who sold wonderful ukes to me want to buy them back, let me know. Otherwise, I'll have to pick which ones must be sacrificed for the diapers. :)

Haha! Glad you are getting a Devine;)

My wife and I had a son last year and it does hit the pockets pretty good. I could buy toys before he came... and now I have to check my bank in order for me to splurge.

But he brings me more joy than any uke will.

So I too had to cut back on dream ukes..... well I got two in the works than Iʻm finished;)

Your Devine should stave off your UAS for some time;)

In Hawaii, Huggies diapers go on sale on Thursday!!!

haha. Here is a pic of my son holding his sister. Just substitute the Devine in place of the infant and that will be him finally able to hold the Devine in 20 years.
999869_428305453953210_741089862_n.jpg

Congratulations Frank. Mostly on your growing family, but also on your impending Devine. I know that you have a "few" high end ukes. :) Selling a couple should keep you in diapers for quite awhile!

Is it your Devine has a cute cartoon inlay on the spruce top?...it's cute and stunning.......I bet your son doesn't want to wait for 20years to inherit it ;)

Is it your Devine has a cute cartoon inlay on the spruce top?...it's cute and stunning.......I bet your son doesn't want to wait for 20years to inherit it ;)
Hey Coolcow, How does your Devine play? You got a nice stable there.

As my avatar displays, I am a Calvin and Hobbes fan. I've had Calvin and Hobbes items made for me several times including a tattoo of those characters on my leg (calf). The particular inlay that Eric did is a popular frame that best demonstrates how I want my son and I to be like.

I like to play uke every day in front of my son and he likes to help me and usually ends up taking the uke out of my hands so he can experiment. I have a Lanikai Bell uke for those occasions. Its turned out to be unexpectantly rugged for his playing style. haha. And because my son plays with it, that uke has become from my most loathed uke to my favorite family playing uke.

I got a few good ukes. :) Not like Stan's collection. A few people had asked me to let them buy theirs back if I ever decided to sell so... here's their chance. I don't want to put my ukes on ebay.

Congratulations Frank. Mostly on your growing family, but also on your impending Devine. I know that you have a "few" high end ukes. :) Selling a couple should keep you in diapers for quite awhile!

Those high end ukes took a long time to get. Its why I don't want to let them go. I'm always waiting to grow into them. haha.

Aloha Frankie...
Glad to hear life is good and congrats on the growing family and Devine..wow I am so jealous of you man.... :)

Congrats on the Beautiful New Devine....like many of the people above.... I have one coming next year too...
keep on Strumming

Aloha Frankie...
Glad to hear life is good and congrats on the growing family and Devine..wow I am so jealous of you man.... :)

You are too funny Stan. When I make it to Hawaii, I'm going to your uke museum. :)

Congrats on the Beautiful New Devine....like many of the people above.... I have one coming next year too...
keep on Strumming
I guess I am going to be part of a growing Devine extended family. If you are like me, you will have to find a way to patiently bide your time. It took a shorter time to get my wife pregnant and have our children. :)

I guess I am going to be part of a growing Devine extended family. If you are like me, you will have to find a way to patiently bide your time. It took a shorter time to get my wife pregnant and have our children. :)

Haha...you are funny...
I have been waiting since April 2012...but I asked Eric to delay my build as I am still not a good player..but I might not be one in another year too but I am practicing...haha

Btw I am good friends with Stan...let me know when you visit Oahu...I will take you on a Ukulele tour...
if you are lucky that includes a tour of the Stan uke museum....haha

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new daughter. Now I know we haven't seen you around as much.

Selling ukes is tough selection. You know which one you play the least. Sell that one.

I'm guessing it's not your Santa Cruz.....but if it is .... :D

Hey Coolcow, How does your Devine play? You got a nice stable there.

As my avatar displays, I am a Calvin and Hobbes fan. I've had Calvin and Hobbes items made for me several times including a tattoo of those characters on my leg (calf). The particular inlay that Eric did is a popular frame that best demonstrates how I want my son and I to be like.

I like to play uke every day in front of my son and he likes to help me and usually ends up taking the uke out of my hands so he can experiment. I have a Lanikai Bell uke for those occasions. Its turned out to be unexpectantly rugged for his playing style. haha. And because my son plays with it, that uke has become from my most loathed uke to my favorite family playing uke.

I got a few good ukes. :) Not like Stan's collection. A few people had asked me to let them buy theirs back if I ever decided to sell so... here's their chance. I don't want to put my ukes on ebay.

Haha! Thatʻs ur uke with Calvin and Hobbes making funny faces!!!! Iʻm a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes. I thought Watterson died when the comic strip ended.... I only recently found out heʻs still alive and well!

Here is a pic of my son...... and his Hobbes doll I had someone knit for me;)

Canʻt wait to see your finished Devine!
Bongee2.jpg
Hobbes.jpg

Haha! Thatʻs ur uke with Calvin and Hobbes making funny faces!!!! Iʻm a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes. I thought Watterson died when the comic strip ended.... I only recently found out heʻs still alive and well!

View attachment 56752
View attachment 56753

Hey Keli'i....
that is one cute Kid....

View attachment 56752
View attachment 56753
Thanks for sharing the picture of your child. Before I had children, I tried to avoid other people's kids. Now I enjoy soaking up the same parental comraderie.
That Hobbes knitment would fit well over here.

Congratulations on the new daughter. Now I know we haven't seen you around as much.

Selling ukes is tough selection. You know which one you play the least. Sell that one.

I'm guessing it's not your Santa Cruz.....but if it is .... :D

You are killing me Doc. You know how to go to the private reserve don't you??!! My wife told me I'd have to keep an open mind. I just didn't think it'd have to be that open. Let me mull it over. I'm gonna need lots of espresso for this mulling.

Top Bottom