Uke Eye Candy

imagesinthewind

Reaction score
This is my Rogue baritone uku with it's new tattoo...just a bit of eye candy, for me at least.

Attachments

• IMG_20130805_121519.jpg
    IMG_20130805_121519.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 352
How did you do the tattoo?

Magnificent! Did you spray paint it? I did that with my bari.

thanks!
Trout, i drew it on very light with pencil, then went over the finished pencil with fine sharpie and then painted with black acrylic. Then i matte sprayed 6 coats over that, very very thin. When i run my hand over it, i barely feel the paint. i really love how it turned out!And it didn't seem to change the sound at all, which for a cheap bari is really quite deep and rich.
:)
Ginny

Aloha Ginny,
Welcome to the UU and our humble forums.....Have fun and enjoy..I have two Rogue Baritones and 3 rogue sopranos...love them all and they were my first ukes...
Happy Strummings... Love the personal touch you put on your rogue....

Very cool...nice job!

Looks super-cool!

Wow, that is really nice!

Neato! Very creative....it came out lookin nice....

Thanks for giving the break down of your process. Ver nice. I was thinking of using paint pens that are found at art stores like HobbyLobby.

the heart was originally done with a paint pen, but the strike marks could be seen miles away.
i went back over that and did all the rest with a tiny brush and black acrylic paint.

i was thinking about buying a few more less expensive ukes in different sizes, doing set up then painting and reselling. we'll see. I have the attention span of a hummimgbird, well maybe not that long.

:)

Awesome!, I'm all for personalizing instruments, I've had 2 rogues in the past that I painted, even made one a cutaway, I sold them both already, wish I had taken photos now lol. I want to do this to my Kay look alike though, might opt for decals
kkmando%20detail%20med.jpg

Custom Decals

Awesome!, I'm all for personalizing instruments, I've had 2 rogues in the past that I painted, even made one a cutaway, I sold them both already, wish I had taken photos now lol. I want to do this to my Kay look alike though, might opt for decals
kkmando%20detail%20med.jpg

Here's an example of what I did with MS-Visio and do-it-yourself water-slide decals from a hobby store.
Mai1.jpg

I like the uke tattoo. Stuff like that helps add a bit more personality to the instrument, making it more “yours”, in terms of personality.

I’ve been wanting to adorn mine as well, taking it from a more “generic” appearance to one that is more in keeping with my personality. I don’t want to go overboard; I’m just looking for something to personalize my uke a bit more.

Does anyone have any cautionary tales of things NOT to do? Are labels and decals a bad idea? Obviously anything that affects string movement is bad. Can it affect the sound adversely if the body is decorated? What about paint pens or Sharpies?

Top Bottom