Kiwaya KTS 6 ot Koaloha soprano

Kabog

Reaction score
I'm deciding to buy Koaloha or Kiwaya KTS soprano. Please let me know who have tried both or any suggestions? They have almost the same price. thanks

Koaloha bright and loud, better resale. Kiwaya more bass, deeper, more subdued, better built.

Very hard to beat a KoAloha soprano. They sound huge for their size. I played both back to back a few days ago and I highly recommend the KoAloha. Kiwaya is a quality uke as well.

Such different sounding instruments. I've owned a KoAloha soprano and a KTS4 & KTS7.

If you like a very loud and bright, more of an 'island sound' ukulele go for the KoAloha. They are amazing - really easy to play and loads of projection.

If you want that old timey Martin sound go for the Kiwaya.

I'd say the Kiwayas are the best built and personally I think Kiwaya make the best factory built sopranos that you can find.

If you want that old timey Martin sound go for the Kiwaya.

I'd say the Kiwayas are the best built and personally I think Kiwaya make the best factory built sopranos that you can find.
I have a Kiwaya solid mahogany, the KTS-4; it's beautiful, and it's faultless. But I've never played a Koaloha or heard one live..... I understand that the sound is just completely and totally different. If I were, you, I'd choose based on the sort of sound you're looking for. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed with either uke!

Watch five of six online videos (HMS videos have most consistent sound quality) of each ukulele; then pick the one that appeals to you most, kabog.

Thank yoo so much for all the replies. I will check the youtube. Have a nice day. Kabog

Top Bottom