PDA

View Full Version : Kiwaya KTS 6 ot Koaloha soprano

Kabog
08-05-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm deciding to buy Koaloha or Kiwaya KTS soprano. Please let me know who have tried both or any suggestions? They have almost the same price. thanks

coolkayaker1
08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Koaloha bright and loud, better resale. Kiwaya more bass, deeper, more subdued, better built.

iDavid
08-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Very hard to beat a KoAloha soprano. They sound huge for their size. I played both back to back a few days ago and I highly recommend the KoAloha. Kiwaya is a quality uke as well.

Mattyukaholic
08-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Such different sounding instruments. I've owned a KoAloha soprano and a KTS4 & KTS7.

If you like a very loud and bright, more of an 'island sound' ukulele go for the KoAloha. They are amazing - really easy to play and loads of projection.

If you want that old timey Martin sound go for the Kiwaya.

I'd say the Kiwayas are the best built and personally I think Kiwaya make the best factory built sopranos that you can find.

barefootgypsy
08-06-2013, 02:16 AM
If you want that old timey Martin sound go for the Kiwaya.

I'd say the Kiwayas are the best built and personally I think Kiwaya make the best factory built sopranos that you can find.I have a Kiwaya solid mahogany, the KTS-4; it's beautiful, and it's faultless. But I've never played a Koaloha or heard one live..... I understand that the sound is just completely and totally different. If I were, you, I'd choose based on the sort of sound you're looking for. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed with either uke!

GeorgeUke
08-06-2013, 04:01 AM
I have a KTS7 and it's amazing, I've played a bunch of Kiwaya ukes and they all feel and sound beautiful

coolkayaker1
08-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Watch five of six online videos (HMS videos have most consistent sound quality) of each ukulele; then pick the one that appeals to you most, kabog.

Kabog
08-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Watch five of six online videos (HMS videos have most consistent sound quality) of each ukulele; then pick the one that appeals to you most, kabog.

Thank yoo so much for all the replies. I will check the youtube. Have a nice day. Kabog