NUD - Mainland Red Cedar Tenor

Muugi

Reaction score
I received my Mainland Red Cedar Tenor and it is very pretty. The rope binding really sets it off and creates a nice transition between the top and sides. I really like how the three woods of the neck, back and top come together. The sound is great. The installed pickup is a lot louder than I expected. But maybe that is just a combination of my amp.

I want to install a strap button but am really not looking forward to doing that. Go buy some brand new sharp drill bits and do some more research into where others choose to put them and any advice.

Will need to spend some more time with the camera. It was getting fooled by the colors of the Ukulele and background. The cedar top is sometimes amber and sometimes red.

Red Cedar Tenor - 1.jpgRed Cedar Tenor - 2.jpgRed Cedar Tenor - 3.jpgRed Cedar Tenor - 4.jpgRed Cedar Tenor - 5.jpg

That's some great looking rosewood!

Strap buttons are easy peasy, just be careful. :)

Congrats on you new mainland...Yes strap buttons are easy....always hesitant on drilling holes in new ukes though...Happy Strummings

It is really beautiful. Gotta love those cedar tops. Enjoy it!

How is the thickness of the neck? Thin, medium, thick?

Not sure I am experienced to know. Ill take a look this evening and provide maybe a comparison between my other ukes.

Yes strap buttons are easy....always hesitant on drilling holes in new ukes though
I installed a couple of strap buttons a few days ago. Finally put one on my Eleuke and another on my daughter's cheap guitar. Just want to make sure I use the appropriately sized drill bit so that the screw does not put undo pressure as it goes in (no risk to splitting the wood). Also want to look at where others have put the button.

Ooh, that is beautiful! Happy New Uke Day! :) Please post sound clips soon.

Wow, what a beautiful uke! Great photos too! :shaka:

I just got a red cedar tenor a few weeks ago, and I actually compared the neck to 2 other Mainland tenors.

All 3 necks are different. Not like OHMAIGAWD these are different UKES! But you notice it. I consider all the necks medium.

Strangely enough, my mahogany from 2008 has a somewhat chunkier neck then the mahogany from 2010, and the brand spankin new red cedar neck is right between the two.

It was interesting comparing the different production runs. You probably wouldn't notice it if you weren't playing them back to back like I was, but I still found it interesting.

Very pretty uke! I've been pacing waiting for Mike to get some concert neck red cedar pineapples in.

great uke, they are so good I have bought 2, one I use for gigging, the other I keep for best, for the price they are probably the best ukes around, enjoy your new uke

Top Bottom