NUD: Pono MB Baritone!

erivel

Reaction score
I just received this previously owned Pono MB baritone. I wanted an all solid wood bari to replace my all laminated Ohana BK-10 (my gateway bari). I replaced the Alohi strings it came with (too much tension and too thick on the top strings for me) to Aquilas and it sounds and plays beautifully. I'm surprised that the neck is so thin. I thought Ponos had big chunky necks (?). At any rate it's a breeze to play. Also came with a nice Koolau hardshell case.

I'm going to gift the Ohana to my brother Kevin. He used it on three videos that we made on my YouTube channel during a couple of his visits to California. He just bought his first uke this year, a Lanikai tenor to mess around on. I hope he gets the uke bug too!

I'm pretty sure my UAS is over...;)

Here are some crummy iPhone photos:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

No, the UAS is not over. Looks like a great uke! Interesting what you think of the neck profile. I have a Kelii, and "supposedly" they have chunky necks too. I dunno, seems fine to me. I have tiny hands, too. I guess what's chunky to one is slim to another.

Aloha Eric,
congrats on the score....never saw a thin neck pono....had a nice koa pono for sale here...395.00 with a pickup and gloss finish...Happy Strummings..

Congrats on your Pono Bari. I have a Pono AB on order from HMS, but have to wait until they get their next shipment of Pono's in. Your MB looks really nice, and I am happy to hear you like it so much. I also went with the (Oahu) Hardshell case. BTW, your pictures were just fine! Enjoy!

Congrats, Pono bari's are a great value.

Thanks everyone! I've read so many great things about Ponos. I didn't want to spend too much on an all solid wood bari, so when I found a used one for sale I couldn't resist.

Aloha Eric,
congrats on the score....never saw a thin neck pono....

Stan, I'm just surprised because the neck on my Ohana bari is much chunkier. Even the neck on my Anakoneke super concert is bigger than the Pono's...it's all good though. :)

Congratulations on your new baritone, and like hearing the other one is going to your brother. Great stuff.

Top Bottom