Is this ebay ukulele too good to be true?

cua94

Reaction score
I've seen Lanikai's in the store that are so bad I wonder why they even put it on the rack. I wouldn't risk it.

For that price, couldn't you take it to a local music shop and get it set up?
Ginny

For that price, couldn't you take it to a local music shop and get it set up?
Ginny

This uke comes fully set up. I also posted this under Buying Tips. They had some with no setup for $69.80, but they got snapped up. I would have gotten one if I'd have known. Notice in the listing the quantity of Lanikai ukes that Butler bought to see how they can do this. No, not too good to be true. Butler is a very reputable dealer.

I have two Lanikai's. One is the 21-C and it has been a fantastick starter ukulele that I would recommend. No issues and a good sound for the price. The other is the 21-CE accoustic/plug-in. This one has been nothing but trouble with too many issues to mention. Your price is good so as long as you don't mind taking a chance, since the dealer is reputable, why not?

did anyone say massive overstock?

" These pieces have all been in the Lanikai warehouse for over a year and we want to make sure that they are all as nice as they were when they were manufactured so as an added bonus we are going to have our master technician Jack personally inspect , tune and set up each one before we ship it out. That's right, this will arrive with no buzzing, no sharp frets, and a nice playable action from DAY ONE. We usually charge $39.00 just for a setup so this is a huge added bonus.

This is the best deal I have ever offered because I need to move over 1,300 pieces just from this deal before Christmas so you too can benefit from the crazy deal I got. If this is for Christmas we can even put it on layaway for you. Or, if you are a dealer or music teacher we can sell you quantities of any of these 8 instruments at an even lower price than this advertised price. "

I don't mind taking a chance but the money I would spend is all I have for my next uke and I want it to be the best one. I think I will pass on this though I might regret it, just because I prefer to try them out before buying.

cua94

Butler music is good. I purchased a factory second lanikai zebrawood tenor electric and its beutiful. Shipping is fast too.

what they send should be good. hopefully you are discriminating enough to know if you need to send one back. But this looks to be a very good deal. If I trusted myself enough to keep something like this properly humidified I would seriously considerin getting one myself.

The Lanikai 21 T I have is a great Uke in Low G it has a wonderful sound . Now as too Butler I ordered one of the monkeypod tenor Ukes and was just told today the one I picked was out of stock ? But they gave me a bunch of others to pick from and the one I picked has fewer flaws then my first pick but the wood is not as nice IMO . So lets see what happens , if all goes well this will be a GREAT deal .P.S. Is anyone else not loving the new Headstock emblem ? Whoa that was quick , the new one I picked has just been shipped , well played Butler music , well played .

Last edited:
Support for butler music! They have that cool limited edition slothead laminate mahogany lanikai too. What a beauty!

I'm personally not digging the new logo, bobo, I liked the more natural look :O

I ordered a couple of the Lanakai LM CCA last night for $69.80 shipping included, no set up. They were shipped out first thing this morning!!!

Yeah, and as my reward for posting the one "with set up", I didn't find out about the $69.80 ones until they sold out. Ok....who bought mine chilly? LOL

The solid mahogany series from Lanikai is a very light build. The wood is fairly thin and the bracing seems lighter than most of their other models. This makes them very vibrant and fairly loud, but they are also very reactive to low humidity, which is my guess why Lanikai has discontinued that series. Definitely use a humidifier when you should if you get one of these. At that price they are a good deal, I would say.

I ordered two Lanikai laminate concerts for my kids' birthdays. One party over and we've been playing it for over a month. I'm not happy with the intonation, but I may take it in to have that fixed. I want to wait until the other birthday passes and we have both of them out so I can fix them both if necessary.

Great price, came with a soft bag and clip on tuner. I got both for under $150.00. I look forward to finally getting the other one out and seeing how they compare. They were blems and you can barely see the little mark on the first one we've opened. Looks great. Sounds decent and will sound better if I let a luthier get ahold of it. Butler Music was easy to deal with and I felt they were very honest in their descriptions.

I order one on 8/6 and it arrived 8/8, yesterday. i removed it from the box, tuned it and played for a hour, retuning as i went. the sound is yummy, and it sings forever. there were a few times it was still ringing after i put it down.
Fir $125, i think the too good is actually true.
i say Go For It!

Ive bought from them before several times, they do try their best to describe to you the problems, I bought a bariotne from them before and i had to fix the nut and saddle to get it to play correctly and it was listed as a blemish only, if it doesnt flat out say that there is a problem with the uke then I suspect there shouldnt be any problems, always a gamble to buy online but sometimes you can get some really good deals from Butler.

Top Bottom