Puff the Magic Dragon (ukulele collaboration)

Wow, amazing. Excellent collaboration.

That was cool......love how you bring folks together (who share a love of music but are distanced by geography) with your collaborations. Its the epitome of the aloha spirit!

Beautiful, man simply beautiful!

This made my day.

Mahalo!

Boy that is great! It really came out good. I thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to it.

Ok, that was just awesome. Even though it is a sad song I had a smile on my face the whole time. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks, friends! We really appreciate it! Brian, this kind of project can take quite a lot of time. You have to communicate with all the participants. And you need to edit all the different videos together. Also, to help the participants stay on tempo, I like to make a guide video for the participants. In case you're interested, here's the one I made for this project:

I made a similar video for the "We Are the World" project. It's very helpful!

Ok, that was just awesome. Even though it is a sad song I had a smile on my face the whole time. Thanks for posting this.

Peter, Paul and Mary started singing the song with an updated refrain:"Puff the Magic Dragon Lives by the sea (Present tense!)", and Peter Yarrow's book shows another child discovering Puff. I always thought the song was that Jacky Paper grew up, and forgot about his friend Puff, but that his child found Puff, who was once again full of joy. I always thought of Puff as a favorite stuffed animal.

Which is reinforced by this video, with all of the folks who have had their various Puffs through the years, by whatever name.

Thanks for doing this, John.

-Kurt​

Just caught it on FB and was super impressed and all warm and fuzzy.

That is really, very cool. I really enjoy watching your collaboration videos. The guide track was an added bonus, nice to see how you pull it all together :)
Thanks for sharing. I watched it with my daughter and we both enjoyed it, definitely brought back some memories.

Nice job to all who were part of this!

Cheers
Hendrik

Thanks, friends! Really appreciate it! :)

Gave me warm fuzzies. Great stuff you did there.

Thank you! Gofel was really helpful in the production of this video. In addition to his assigned parts, he laid down some harmony tracks which he said I could use if and wherever I wanted. Great singer and player, too!

Nice one, John! Your rendition more than does justice to the Peter, Paul and Mary version and does this with such a great use of networking!

Fantastc! I enjoyed all of the different voices in the video. Cool!

Right, I'm 48 years old, ex-military and have just come off a night shift and I'm typing this with tears in my eyes!

Stunning, quite simply stunning!

Mahalo! :D

Thanks, friends! Sorry for the delay in responding. Just returned from a trip!

Top Bottom