Vintage Martin Bridge Pin source

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
I have a vintage, approx 1950, Martin tenor. It needs new bridge pins. These are not original and are temporary.

I will call Martin, who will refer me to an online retailer as I have no local retailer. Before I do that, I thought I'd post to the knowledgeable UU members.

Can anyone direct me to genuine or appropriate fitting knock-off black Martin tenor bridge pin source, brand, etc.?

Thank you.

Thank you, peewee. I ordered the black Martin ones from Amazon based on your suggestion, and one reviewer said the fit his Kanilea perfectly. Only six bucks for the black set. Should be here Friday, and I'll update thus thread. Thanks

In the meantime, if anyone has other ideas on Martin pins, please do tell. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T4HS20/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You were spot on, peewee. I ordered the set above, and they work well on my vintage Martin tenor from PDXuke. I can't say they are all the way into the hole (in other words, they are not sinking all the way down and flush with the soundboard--they are raised a couple millimeters), but they do grip solidly and are worlds better than what I had. So, all in all, it solved my issue. And for only six bucks. Thanks!

Excellent, thanks for guinea pigging that one, gotta add that to my amazon list.

Oh, I took some 200 grit sandpaper and wrapped it around the plastic bridge pin and sanded it down perfectly. They fit flush now. And, for six bucks, they give you plenty of them, so okay to make a mistake on a couple. lol

Looking forward to your first video with the tenor, peewee.

Top Bottom