Ukulele Cover: Duran Duran's "Save a Prayer" (80's cover)

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
This song is probably one of my MOST favorite songs of my teenage years. I could listen to this song over and over! :) This song, "Save A Prayer," is off of Duran Duran's album 'Rio' released in 1982. I have tried to cover this song, a shortened version of it, and I've played it on my new ukulele, a KoAloha tenor strung with a low G. Please enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh, one of my favorites, too. And seldom covered. Great job! Adore the 80s.

And you even turned on the ceiling fan just like Duran Duran's video, Chelle.

Like cool kayaker. I am a big fan of 80's music, and Duran Duran. Great cover! Very nice. Time warping me to a great time in life. Thanks.:D

No way! I was going to do this one for Season 75...there's a racehorse with the same name. Great minds...ha ha! Awesome job on a tough song! BTW the first concert I ever went to was a Duran Duran show. I could barely hear them with all the girls screaming. They were like my Beatles...

No way! I was going to do this one for Season 75...there's a racehorse with the same name. Great minds...ha ha! Awesome job on a tough song! BTW the first concert I ever went to was a Duran Duran show. I could barely hear them with all the girls screaming. They were like my Beatles...

Tnanks so much for watching, Eric, and for your comments! Wow, I didn't know that about the racehorse! How cool! I was Duran Duran-crazy as a teenager! The bummer was that I didn't get to see them in concert when they came to my town -- I remember being so upset! But, around the time that they came to play where I lived, there had been rumor circuating that one of the band members (I think it was Nick Rhodes) was going to marry a woman from my town. Btw, the first concert I ever saw was The Stray Cats -- do you remember them?

Sounds good! I remember the song, but haven't heard it for decades...
Congrats to your rendition and your beautiful new uke!:D

Thank you so much, Ukelites! :)

Like cool kayaker. I am a big fan of 80's music, and Duran Duran. Great cover! Very nice. Time warping me to a great time in life. Thanks.:D

Hey, thanks so much, Richard! So glad that you liked it! :)

Oh, one of my favorites, too. And seldom covered. Great job! Adore the 80s.

And you even turned on the ceiling fan just like Duran Duran's video, Chelle.

Too funny about the ceiling fan! I'll have to watch the video again for the original to see that! Thanks for watching and for taking time to write your feedback -- I appreciate it! I love those 80's songs, too! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom