I need your advice, UU Ohana

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
Are you having difficulty with downloading from the MediaFire links in my signature for the Ukulele Boot Camp files?

Would you rather I share these files via DropBox?

I could use BOTH if my signature will allow me the space to list both sets of links :)

I'd like your input... but I might try having both sets of links anyway :)

keep uke'in',

PS I've revised and enlarged and updated 3 files which now make up Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp. The 3 files are separated but numbered/prioritized.

In my limited experience with both, I've found DropBox to be easier to use as a downloader. I'm not sure what the comparative experiences are like for a content provider, though.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Shouldn't you be at work? :)

OK, I'll work at using both for now, then possibly deleting MediaFire if the vote is
against them.

keep uke'in',

Aloha Unko Rod,
Mahalo Plentee for sharing with us your uke songbooks and materials....which would be easier for us to print would be the best one...
I've always had a hard time with that....If we could just press the print the button and it could print the whole book that would be awesome
will be waiting until you get back in town again, Las time was a blast with Howie and Elizabeth...Happy Strummings

I'm partial to Dropbox, but mediafire works too. I'm just grateful to you for sharing these.

Either works fine for me. Thanks for all that you do.

Dropbox is probably a good idea.

And seriously, when I decided to teach a ukulele class with no experience in teaching music, your materials were indispensable. You rock, Uncle Rod!

If you use any Google service, you should have a gmail account so you can upload it to Google Drive and share with anyone has the link.

Hi, Uncle Rod! :) I had no problems with Mediafire at home, but some places (like my university) blocks Mediafire. Dropbox would be better.

In case you still want to put in both types of links (mediafire and whatever else you decide to use) and can't because you used too many characters in your signature (not sure if there is a limit, I just read between your lines there might be one) you can consider using a link-shortening service like http://goo.gl or http://bit.ly to make your links much shorter. They will just redirect to any link you give them and you end up having something like goo.gl/uku1313, depending on the service you may even try to choose your own short phrase to use, unless it is used already. Plus you can use the sites to track how many downloads you get per month or in a week or similar statistics like that.

I have no problems with Mediafire, just with these rapid fire updates! It seems every time I download the latest revision, you post an even better one. :D

Have you ever thought of making a serial of work-sheets?

Have you ever thought of making a serial of work-sheets?
Or videos! Uncle Rod videos!

(To clarify: in addition to the Boot Camp, not instead of it. Please don't take my Boot Camp away. :music:

Last edited:
Uncle Rod, ultimately Dropbox is easier but Mediafire also works. Your bootcamp is the best!

I might have to change my earlier comment. Went to download the PDF today because I needed to reprint them. Mediafire spawned a pop-up ad that was censored by our net nanny at work for adult content. Yikes!

I might have to change my earlier comment. Went to download the PDF today because I needed to reprint them. Mediafire spawned a pop-up ad that was censored by our net nanny at work for adult content. Yikes!
Uncle Rod, is there something you want to tell us???

What a family! :) Too bad we're not having this conversation/discussion like Hawaiian locals... around food!

It may be a bit premature (sorry Fred, aka Ukemunga) but I'll let you all know that I've decided to experiment with weebly.com. actually, Ukemunga is doing most of the experimenting and the results, so far, are fantastic. Please give him all the credit for setting up the website. Oh, what website?....

http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I still need to get the content over to Ukemunga for him to disperse among the pages of the site.

Ukulele Boot Camp, all 3 parts are available and a couple of long pdfs ( one for Popular Favorites and one for Hawaiian songs). I need to get the individula pdfs to my 'assistant' so he can set them up for all of you to use.

Remember, please, that these songs (lyrics) are copyrighted material and should only be used for educational purposes.

I'll change the links on my signature once the website matures a bit more, after all we only got started...
yesterday!!

If you're impressed, please give all the credit to Ukemunga. He not only suggested the site (weebly.com) but once I alerted him that I had registered and begun to try to get it going... well, he took over with fantastic results!!

I hope our collusion will benefit the world-wide ukulele community.

Thanks again UU Ohana,

keep uke'in',

The preview of the new site looks great! You should probably add a donate button or at least a link to your Amazon wishlist.

Are you having difficulty with downloading from the MediaFire links in my signature for the Ukulele Boot Camp files?

Would you rather I share these files via DropBox?

I could use BOTH if my signature will allow me the space to list both sets of links :)

I'd like your input... but I might try having both sets of links anyway :)

keep uke'in',

PS I've revised and enlarged and updated 3 files which now make up Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp. The 3 files are separated but numbered/prioritized.

Hey Rod . . . I have copies of your sight that someone sent me and the copy you gave me when we met in Hawaii. I could never access the site but figured it was because I was on my work sight computer.

This is great news, Uncle Rod! My husband and I both use Weebly for our websites. I find it very easy to use and the websites are nice-looking, in my opinion. I'm sure Fred will do a great job with it.

Thanks, Fred (ukemunga) for looking after Uncle Rod and helping to make his materials available!

Top Bottom