Illustration of my new Boat Paddle Tenor Kayak

dtikim1

Reaction score
After deliberating about this for months I have recently decided to have Jerry Hoffmann (Boat Paddle) build me a tenor Kayak. I was initially a bit hesitant because I have not had the chance to either play it or hear it live and in person. I have from the first moment I saw the Kayak was totally fascinated by its look. After reading all of the threads on UU as well as viewing all that there is on YouTube, and a high recommendation from my son Nick who has played a few; I decided to go ahead and place the order. Jerry has informed me that work should start sometime later this week. Here is an illustration of what it should look like. Jerry found some "killer Quilted Mahogany" for me. Image 3.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg Hope you like the looks as well as I do.

If all goes well I should have it in my hands within 5 weeks. How much more could I ask for my 60th Birthday present.:shaka::shaka::shaka:

After deliberating about this for months I have recently decided to have Jerry Hoffmann (Boat Paddle) build me a tenor Kayak. I was initially a bit hesitant because I have not had the chance to either play it or hear it live and in person. I have from the first moment I saw the Kayak was totally fascinated by its look. After reading all of the threads on UU as well as viewing all that there is on YouTube, and a high recommendation from my son Nick who has played a few; I decided to go ahead and place the order. Jerry has informed me that work should start sometime later this week. Here is an illustration of what it should look like. Jerry found some "killer Quilted Mahogany" for me. View attachment 56818
View attachment 56819 Hope you like the looks as well as I do.

If all goes well I should have it in my hands within 5 weeks. How much more could I ask for my 60th Birthday present.:shaka::shaka::shaka:

Dad, you're a total dork. :p

Remember we're having a raging party for your 60th. Hopefully the uke is done by then!

Hadn't posted anything in awhile and forgot how to post pictures. Whew...I'm glad I did the procedure correctly. It took me a few tries...lol

lovely. jerry's work is fantastic. peghed tuners are the way to go on the bp ukes. good choices

That is lovely. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished. Happy birthday!

Your kayak looks very beautiful. What a lovely birthday present!
Is that your family name inlayed on the fretboard and neck joint?

Yes that is my last name Kim written in Chinese character. How do you like you 5 string Kayak?

Yes that is my last name Kim written in Chinese character. How do you like you 5 string Kayak?

Mine's an M-style, not a kayak. It's gorgeous looking and sounding! Jerry makes very innovative and unique ukuleles with beautiful tone.

The wood grains on your quilted mahogany will definitely grab everyone's attention, not to mention the unique kayak shape. Do play it at your birthday party and bask in everyone's oohs and aahs. Your uke will be the talk of the town!

Boat Paddles are fantastic instruments. I think you'll enjoy it. Well wishes for your 60th birthday!

By the way, your son Nick is alright. You done good raising him. Shhh! Don't tell the little punk I said that. ;):uhoh:

Boat Paddles are fantastic instruments. I think you'll enjoy it. Well wishes for your 60th birthday!

By the way, your son Nick is alright. You done good raising him. Shhh! Don't tell the little punk I said that. ;):uhoh:

What she said, all around! But don't tell Nick, please? ;)

Looks like it is going to be beautiful - enjoy!

Nick is awesome - but if you need some incriminating stories about him I know people who can tell tales...

Top Bottom