WTB: Mainland Tenor...again...still

sonomajazz

Reaction score
Well, I need another uke like you know what, but I can't help myself.
Please sell me your Mainland so I don't buy one of the great tenors on UU right now! Collings, MP, Koaloha D6, Cov Bridge...:iwant:
(What did I miss??)

I guess I ignored it on purpose...I'd have to get a second on the house, divorce the wife, you know the drill...
But there is the Wixom...oh, and there's a Kani sf somewhere down the list.

Skitzic, are you out there? I know you're holding 2-3 Mainlands.

Not a tenor, but noticed this Mainland concert in the Seattle Craigslist today (no affiliation)

No offense intended here at all, because I am a strong advocate of buying nice pre-owned instruments and saving some decent money in the process, particularly on high dollar instruments, but, on something in this price range, why not just go to the Mainland site and buy one? The last two I followed on EBAY went for $250 and $225 respectively, not including the shipping, and the few tenors I've seen offered up here have gone for $200+ not including shipping, and they are pre-owned. Sure, if you wait long enough you might find one and save 50 or 75 bucks, which is indeed very cool, but you can get one now for $250 + shipping from the site that is brand new. Chances are good that by the time you find a pre-owned one, you could have already been enjoying one. Just a thought.

http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/pr...578C.m1plqscsfapp03?productId=10&categoryId=3

No offense intended here at all, because I am a strong advocate of buying nice pre-owned instruments and saving some decent money in the process, particularly on high dollar instruments, but, on something in this price range, why not just go to the Mainland site and buy one? The last two I followed on EBAY went for $250 and $225 respectively, not including the shipping, and the few tenors I've seen offered up here have gone for $200+ not including shipping, and they are pre-owned. Sure, if you wait long enough you might find one and save 50 or 75 bucks, which is indeed very cool, but you can get one now for $250 + shipping from the site that is brand new. Chances are good that by the time you find a pre-owned one, you could have already been enjoying one. Just a thought.

http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/pr...578C.m1plqscsfapp03?productId=10&categoryId=3

Hey Eyeguy,

No offense taken...perfectly good advice. I did contact Mike about any seconds he might have.
Just to affirm your point, the Mainland will probably be a keeper so if I amortize the difference between new and used over life remainder it comes to about 35 cents a month!
If I didn't have a couple of nice ukes around at present it would be a crime not to have my Mainland Tenor...now!

Top Bottom