Gotoh Planetary Geared Uke Tuners - Impressions? and, where to get them?

Eyeguy

Reaction score
Any personal or professional experience with the Gotoh Planetary Geared Ukulele Tuners would be appreciated. Also, where is the best place to buy them?

Many thanks!

I'm really happy with the ones that came on my Kamaka HF-2L! I *think* that Hawaii Music Supply had a UU member special, but I could be wrong.

I really like the ones that came on my KoAloha Concert from HMS. With the ease of geared tuners, and the look and (relatively) light weight of friction tuners, they combine the best of both worlds. Plus, with only a 4:1 ratio they're still pretty quick. It doesn't take much turning to do a whole lot of tuning!

Hey, once you Gotoh UPTs, you never Gotoh back! :cool:

Smooth, light, precise, look great, and they are NOT friction tuners - what more do you need. (friction tuners are a bit like having wooden cart wheels on your car - we've moved on). I have them on m Favilla soprano and a Black Bear concert - they are just right for those sizes, and 4 to 1 is all the gearing you will ever really need...... Try Josh at Japarts ( http://japarts.ca ), great service.

Top Bottom