PDA

View Full Version : New Moore Bettah Uke

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Len (hawaii50) apparently is much better at playing the ukulele than he is at posting pictures of them here on the forum. He kindly asked me to do so for him.

Dan Uke
08-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Lovely as usual Chuck. Looks a lot like Stans! I bet it sounds just as good too.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Lovely as usual Chuck. Looks a lot like Stans! I bet it sounds just as good too.

The differences are the zircote fret board and headstock veneer, red & black purflings and inlay. I'll let Len tell you about it though.

Ukejenny
08-07-2013, 03:07 PM
That is stunning. Lovely. Wow.

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks Chuck...

yes almost identical to Stan's milo/bearclaw spruce with a offset soundhole... except for the Zircote fretboard,faceplate and bridge...

also black/red/black purfling lines,with the nicest curly Koa binding(body and neck),offset curly Koa Rosette,side soundport with Koa binding and a slotted headstock with a Koa/Abalone Palm tree inlay...

the sound is in its own class..hard to describe... very rich deep sweet tones and very balanced...beautiful

GASguy
08-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Georgeous!

Tonya
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh, yes, another lovely instrument! And with a palm tree inlay on the headstock--I'm a bit partial to those ; )

Congratulations, Len. Maybe some day I can hear you play it.

tattwo
08-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Thats beautiful! Dont use up all the Milo Chuck ;) Such a great combo of woods

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Oh, yes, another lovely instrument! And with a palm tree inlay on the headstock--I'm a bit partial to those ; )

Congratulations, Len. Maybe some day I can hear you play it.

Thanks Tonya

I knew you would like the Palm tree...haha
some day if you come to Hawaii..you can show Chuck and
me how to play...Stan too!

Tigeralum2001
08-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Sweet! Congrats, Len; she's a beauty. Let's hear a sound sample!

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Sweet! Congrats, Len; she's a beauty. Let's hear a sound sample!

Maybe i can ask Corey to do a sample for the UU...CJ you know me still as low tech as ever...

erivel
08-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Congrats Len! I dream of owning one of Chuck's beautiful ukes someday. Alas I will live vicariously through these Moore Bettah NUD threads! :)

oahugrl
08-07-2013, 03:37 PM
What a beauty! I'll be on a plane tomorrow. Meet you at HMS @ 10. I'll bring the malasadas.
Sigh, I wish.

pcspud
08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
congratulations. You want to sell it !! Hahaha

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
What a beauty! I'll be on a plane tomorrow. Meet you at HMS @ 10. I'll bring the malasadas.
Sigh, I wish.

Haha

I will be there Sunday..

bring the malasadas and your new Kiwaya....haha

caukulele
08-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Wow, a real beauty! I can't wait to hear what it sounds like...I imagine it has a splendid sound!!!!!

Doc_J
08-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Congratulations Len!

That is a beauty!
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56831&d=1375923085
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56833&d=1375923095

Mandarb
08-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Looks beautiful! Welcome to the club! Enjoy!

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks Doc...I am soo low tech...it is not funny I guess..

Dan Uke
08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
I want to join the spruce / milo club too so I can hang out with u and Stan next time I visit!

Chuck, can I have one pretty please? :p

pakhan
08-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Very nice as usual Chuck.

I see you're showing off your shop chops too! With that eliptical rosette and the bridge inlay too...

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Very nice as usual Chuck.

I see you're showing off your shop chops too! With that eliptical rosette and the bridge inlay too...

Hey Terrance...
Thanks for noticing the offset rosette it does it for me I love it...takes Chuck almost the whole day to do it.....

Thanks Chuck for doing it for me..

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 05:16 PM
I want to join the spruce / milo club too so I can hang out with u and Stan next time I visit!

Chuck, can I have one pretty please? :p

you can hang with us anytime...
we got to go and meet Chuck too...

coolcow
08-07-2013, 05:24 PM
wow..Len....what a beauty you got here...Chuck did a nice work on yours.
I'd like to see you play rather than corey haha...
Congratulations again....my MB brother! :)

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 05:29 PM
wow..Len....what a beauty you got here...Chuck did a nice work on yours.
I'd like to see you play rather than corey haha...
Congratulations again....my MB brother! :)

Thanks you my MB sister...
you have to come and visit too...Yes Chuck did me a great favor and built me a Beautiful Ukulele I will keep and
enjoy forever....

I hope you get a chance to get a Custom Moore Bettah too...keep your fingers crossed..

I had mine crossed for a long time...haha

coolcow
08-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks you my MB sister...
you have to come and visit too...Yes Chuck did me a great favor and built me a Beautiful Ukulele I will keep and
enjoy forever....

I hope you get a chance to get a Custom Moore Bettah too...keep your fingers crossed..

I had mine crossed for a long time...haha

I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed haha :cool:

Patrick Madsen
08-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Here's Bruddah Lens' MB brother made at the same time.

Name is "Two Feathers; Named after a spirit guide who appeared to me when I was 4 or 5 sitting on the slopes of Mt. Jumbo in Missoula, Montana.
The grizzly bearpaw represents my Lakota native ancestory and signifys strength, dilegence and patience.

Chuck and I combined our two cultures by using bearclaw spruce, sacred wood from the native mother tree and milo, sacred wood from the island culture. Radiused ebony fretboard and headstock with a thin neck.

The first night playing I stayed up til three. Not by choice but it seemed TF was soaking up the energy like a sponge. Was really surreal.

I am beyond blessed having my Spirit Totem built by a man who truly understood the healing nature this uke will be used for. And I'm blessed to have the brother of Len's palmtree; may they both bring happiness and joy for many fruture generations after us.

hawaii 50
08-07-2013, 07:02 PM

Name is "Two Feathers; Named after a spirit guide who appeared to me when I was 4 or 5 sitting on the slopes of Mt. Jumbo in Missoula, Montana.
The grizzly bearpaw represents my Lakota native ancestory and signifys strength, dilegence and patience.

Chuck and I combined our two cultures by using bearclaw spruce, sacred wood from the native mother tree and milo, sacred wood from the island culture. Radiused ebony fretboard and headstock with a thin neck.

The first night playing I stayed up til three. Not by choice but it seemed TF was soaking up the energy like a sponge. Was really surreal.

I am beyond blessed having my Spirit Totem built by a man who truly understood the healing nature this uke will be used for. And I'm blessed to have the brother of Len's palmtree; may they both bring happiness and joy for many fruture generations after us.

Very Nice Pat...

Like I told you earlier...

this beautiful Ukulele will be with me forever...and I will always think of you My Moore Bettah Brother when I look back and remember our ukes were being built together...and of course with Chuck as the main person behind the whole experience...

the feathers are beautiful...and the Grizzly Bearclaw which gives you strength...and of course the Bearclaw Spruce that means so much to you...

congratulations Pat...Your Moore Bettah(Two Feathers) one of the nicest ones I have ever seen and I know it means so much to you...
Play it in good health my brother...

Newportlocal
08-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Congratulations on your new uke day Len! A Moore Bettah! Beautiful uke and great wood choices! Bet it sounds as good as it looks!

Hochapeafarm
08-07-2013, 07:37 PM
So many congratulatory wishes to both Len and Patrick on their gorgeous Moore Bettah ukuleles! Thanks so much to Len, Chuck, and Patrick for sharing the beautiful pics of these amazing ukes with us on UU! Happy strummings!

mm stan
08-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Congreat Len, Pat and Howie on Your MB builds...they look awesome....there is nothing finer than a Moore Bettah...Chuckie puts his heart, soul and creativity inn each build is unique...
totally priceless mostly all owners are keepers and custodians of their lovely ukulele.....

Tigeralum2001
08-07-2013, 08:32 PM
congrats to Pat, too! Just beautiful ukes! The only thing that surpasses their beauty is their sound. I would love to be in on this bearclaw/Milo Moore Bettah trend! What a great sound combination.

Chuck Moore, a master who continues to improve. I am in awe!

keliiyama
08-07-2013, 08:46 PM
AMAZING uke Len!!!

I can see your grin as I write this my friend;) FROM EAR TO EAR!!! These ukes are in a class of their own. The bearclaw is ʻprettyʻ, and the Milo is stunning with the different colors peeling through. And the Ziricote is different which I like. Iʻm happy for you braddah!

You and Stan are blessed!!!;)

BIGDB
08-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Congrats Hawaii50! glad I got to see it :D I really like the wood you picked on the fretboard it compliments the fretboard binding and position markers really nice. can't wait to hear a sound sample.

dkcrown
08-08-2013, 02:22 AM
A couple of beauties, Len and Pat. And Chuck, truly another feather in your cap!

caukulele
08-08-2013, 02:37 AM

I love this one Patrick and the significance for you...What an incredible uke and treasure and spirit!

costaricadave
08-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Really Nice!!!

vanflynn
08-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Congrats on such a beautiful uke. Hope you get many happy years with it!

HBolte
08-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Another work of art. Congrats!!

Dan Uke
08-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Len and Patrick,

You guys should post pics in the MBU Thread so we can keep them together. I love seeing the family grow

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?75696-Moore-Bettah-owners-Post-your-pics-here

hawaii 50
08-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Len and Patrick,

You guys should post pics in the MBU Thread so we can keep them together. I love seeing the family grow

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?75696-Moore-Bettah-owners-Post-your-pics-here

Thanks Daniel

I will ask Stan to take some pictures for me today...and see if we can post on the MB thread

Nickie
08-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Oh, Chuck, you are killing me!!!! I think I drooled on my keyboard....

Newportlocal
08-08-2013, 08:06 AM

Two feathers... What a wonderful uke. Definitely a life time "keeper." Congratulations!

mm stan
08-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Hawaii 5-0's other pictures from my trusty cheapie camera.... hee hee :)

gyosh
08-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I feel so left out :o

Beautiful uke Len. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of your ukes to try first when I visit some day:)

hawaii 50
08-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I feel so left out :o

Beautiful uke Len. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of your ukes to try first when I visit some day:)

Thanks Gary...just tell me when you coming

I have a couple real nice ukes still on order but it will take a lot to top the overall quality of the fit and finish and the great sound of Chuck's uke....

I think Chuck is a one of a kind..once he starts on your ukulele,he keeps you informed on exactly what is going on...almost like you are walking into his shop to see the progress...pictures come every week without asking for them and this makes it fun for me...(this is way beyond the call of duty IMO...) and I appreciate the effort...takes time to send pictures...

it is a very enjoyable process to work with Chuck and I hope it was for Chuck too...I know the pressures of building a flawless ukulele and I Thank Chuck for his skills in building me the perfect ukulele for a lifetime...

Dan Uke
08-08-2013, 06:44 PM
did you use those Roger tuners?

Thanks Gary...just tell me when you coming

I have a couple real nice ukes still on order but it will take a lot to top the overall quality of the fit and finish and the great sound of Chuck's uke....

I think Chuck is a one of a kind..once he starts on your ukulele,he keeps you informed on exactly what is going on...almost like you are walking into his shop to see the progress...pictures come every week without asking for them and this makes it fun for me...(this is way beyond the call of duty IMO...) and I appreciate the effort...takes time to send pictures...

it is a very enjoyable process to work with Chuck and I hope it was for Chuck too...I know the pressures of building a flawless ukulele and I Thank Chuck for his skills in building me the perfect ukulele for a lifetime...

hawaii 50
08-08-2013, 06:50 PM
did you use those Roger tuners?

Hey Daniel...I was thinking to use Waverly's but Chuck and I decided to stick with the Sta-lite tuners they are a perfect match for the uke...and smaller than the other tuners too...

very happy with my Moore Bettah

Dan Uke
08-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I like the stalites and very reasonably priced. good choice

pakhan
08-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey Terrance...
Thanks for noticing the offset rosette it does it for me I love it...takes Chuck almost the whole day to do it.....

Thanks Chuck for doing it for me..

Hi Bro,

Hehe us uke geeks gotta stick togther..

not only is it offset but it's an ellipse, which is hard to route and install cleanly. When I was building, I could barely get the standard circular rosettes to cut cleanly without tear out... this is another level altogether!

hawaii 50
08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi Bro,

Hehe us uke geeks gotta stick togther..

not only is it offset but it's an ellipse, which is hard to route and install cleanly. When I was building, I could barely get the standard circular rosettes to cut cleanly without tear out... this is another level altogether!

Right on Terrance..

I did not know it was called an ellipse....I just called it an offset...haha

but I know it is hard to do...Chuck says not an easy to do a rosette like it and it takes many hours....I appreciate him doing it for me....and I think it makes my uke unique to have it....IMO

yep a uke geek is a good way to put it...lol you seem to have it bad too....haha
fyi no tear out anywhere on my new MB...super clean fit and finish

26tiki
08-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Wow! Just... Wow!
What a beauty. It just keeps getting Moore Bettah!
Congratulations - to both Owner & Creator;)

pakhan
08-09-2013, 12:28 AM
I did not know it was called an ellipse....I just called it an offset...haha

yep a uke geek is a good way to put it...lol you seem to have it bad too....haha fyi no tear out anywhere on my new MB...super clean fit and finish

Bro, I have to apologise: that's not really an ellipse, I'm not entirely sure that the proper name for it is, but it ain't a straight forward ring, that's for sure!
I had thought you were referring to the placement of the soundhole/rosette then I realised actually it's not an ellipse.

Maybe Chuck would like to chime in on the appropriate term for it? (somehow I think offset maybe the proper term...) :p

mm stan
08-09-2013, 12:55 AM
I call it a offset soundhole and a asymetrical rosette....

Mandarb
08-09-2013, 02:15 AM
I call it a offset soundhole and a asymetrical rosette....

Sounds good to me.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-09-2013, 05:54 AM
I really don't know what it's called. I've asked several people and I am still lost for an answer. I should've paid more attention in geometry class. I only know it's a PITA because it's all hand cut and inlaid. Tough to pull off cleanly in spruce. It could be done quicker with a laser but that's a dark alley I don't want to walk down.

Beau Hannam Ukuleles
08-11-2013, 02:56 AM
We obviously need more words

What about:

Achuckmetrical
Offset soundchuck (or chuckhole)
Chuckette

Tigeralum2001
08-11-2013, 07:23 AM
We obviously need more words

What about:

Achuckmetrical
Offset soundchuck (or chuckhole)
Chuckette
Nice... Though "chuckhole" sounds more like an insult than a cool feature on a uke! :)

MGM
08-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I always wondered what Hawaii 50 looked like.....bookum Lenny...

hawaii 50
08-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Mike..you look sideways in the picture...and my MB looks good in the pictures...haha
but the humans look funny...haha

Dan Uke
08-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I had to look at the pictures twice cuz I was focusing on the beautiful MBU!! I didn't even realize you guys were holding the uke. :p

Sunshine Ukulele
08-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Len, I am jealous!! :P

I always wondered what Hawaii 50 looked like.....bookum Lenny...

kamaaina1
08-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Beautiful!!