squeaky reds?

armchair_spaceman

Reaction score
I put a set of re-entrant Aquila reds on my cedar-top concert a couple of weeks ago. They've settled in nicely and the tone is growing on me but man do they squeak when picked. Does this settle down after a time or is there something needs doing to them?

I don't remember my aquila red set squeaking...But maybe I just got used to the sound and stopped noticing, that's probably it.

Also, nice to meet another aussie UU member :)

I put a set of re-entrant Aquila reds on my cedar-top concert a couple of weeks ago. They've settled in nicely and the tone is growing on me but man do they squeak when picked. Does this settle down after a time or is there something needs doing to them?

I tested an original sample set that Mimmo sent out to a few volunteers, I noticed the same squeak.
His suggestion was to use some very fine sand paper on the strings. I used some 12,000 grit micromesh and the squeak was gone.

I tested an original sample set that Mimmo sent out to a few volunteers, I noticed the same squeak.
His suggestion was to use some very fine sand paper on the strings. I used some 12,000 grit micromesh and the squeak was gone.

Great...thanks for that tip, I'll give it a try. Not sure if mine are the original or revised formulation, the pack has a sticker dated (?) 4/2013 on the back

(and G'day to Bao)

Last edited:
Top Bottom