Bad Picture, but Impressive-Looking Uke -- LFDM

Stevelele

Reaction score
Luis just sent me this picture--he is shipping the uke tomorrow. Macassar Ebony back/sides, sinker redwood top, custom rosette that I helped design, made of spalted maple, beveled armrest, custom bridge that LFDM designed. Super excited to try it. A Devine is coming at the same time so I don't know if I'll be able to keep it, but I can't wait to try it

BTW, I chose this design for the rosette because to me, the only thing that I didn't like about the LFDM aesthetically was the soundhole--I felt that it was so large that it really drew the eye to the hole and overshadowed all the other elements of it. By having curves and points on the rosette, it draws your eye to the edges of the uke, so you focus on some of the other details, like the nice curve of the cutaway and the bevel. Although I'm sure that the bevel will be comfortable, the main reason I got it was to balance out the cutaway aesthetically--I like how they contrast one another and it makes for a great silhouette and works well with rosettes curves and sharp points. anyhow, obviously I don't know what it sounds like yet, but I am very very pleased with how it looks

IMG_1300.jpg

Last edited:
WOW. That's gorgeous! Can't wait to see better pictures of it and hear how you like it.

I just made a ukulele stand out of some spalted maple. Really beautiful wood.

Amazing, Steve. Ebony back and sides. I thought that wood was supposed to be hard to bend? I guess not in the hands of Mr Mosquito.

I would love to hear a sound comparison with your other tenor ukes. That is one sweet uke...I can only think of one other LFDM that looks better :p

Hey Steve my Compass Rose has the same wood combo..haha

do you know if all the Lfdm's being sent out at the same time....I want to watch Corey sound sample them for Andrew at the shop when they come in....

I think Andrew has 3 coming in?

Now that is a CUSTOM uke! Love the design. Hope it sounds as good as it looks!

I just sold my Ko'olau. But I could compare it to my Moore Bettah and within the month, my Devine. That could be fun

I would love to hear a sound comparison with your other tenor ukes. That is one sweet uke...I can only think of one other LFDM that looks better :p

I think he's finished all of them already, but I'm not sure--I know he was doing them in batches. Yeah, you'll want to listen to Corey's sound sample before mine! I don't want to degrade the instrument with a lousy sound sample

do you know if all the Lfdm's being
sent out at the same time....I want to watch Corey sound sample them for Andrew at the shop when they come in....

I think he's finished all of them already, but I'm not sure--I know he was doing them in batches. Yeah, you'll want to listen to Corey's sound sample before mine! I don't want to degrade the instrument with a lousy sound sample

Haha...I found the real way to listen to your ukuleles...and really hear what they should sound like...

Let Corey play it...wow
he's CD should be out soon...gots to get the word out...Corey can play with the best..

my Devine ready next year...I thought you were getting your's at the end of the year?
what are you going to do with all your ukes coming in at the same time? haha

good luck with your new ukes....and should be fun watching Corey play 3 Lfdm's soon

Looks great Steve. I imagine that we may be seeing a number of the "magnificent seven" pictured here in NUD threads in the upcoming weeks. Just a hunch. (Or a little birdie told me):)

Wow, very pretty! I love the beveled top....

do you know if all the Lfdm's being sent out at the same time....I want to watch Corey sound sample them for Andrew at the shop when they come in....

Steve's has the only redwood so we gotta hear it directly from the source!

I want to hear Corey's sound sample and see if there is any difference with and without arm rest.

Off the charts gorgeous. I like the idea of having a uke that doesn't look like everyone else's. Would love to hear it

very cool Steve! Love your customized rosette, Is your sound-hole actually smaller as you say?
these 4 are in transit to us-
LFDM.jpg

very cool Steve! Love your customized rosette, Is your sound-hole actually smaller as you say?
LFDM.jpg

Hey Andrew...

let me know when you record the four aces...haha
tell Corey to give me a call or email me...

love to hear Corey play them up close and personal...haha

Awesome!!! They look fantastic. No, the soundhole in mine is not smaller....it just looks smaller, but its the same size

LFDM.jpg

Top Bottom