It's not complicated. It's a doorbell.

Lanark

Reaction score
I'm kind of livid right now.

I've been sitting around here all day waiting for UPS to deliver a new ukulele. (a Pono pks-2e from MGM's blowout deal) And I've been anxiously waiting. Pacing the floor. Checking the UPS website every half hour. (It's just had an arrival in Mpls time from yesterday since this morning) Looking out the window. Moving from room to room. Didn't even take a shower for fear of it arriving at that moment.
I was even a bit anxious going out to get coffee beans after 10am this morning even though my wife was home for fear of missing it.

I mean, it's Winter in Minnesota. It's currently 11 and that's pretty much the high for the day. I've got a ukulele riding around in an unheated truck. I want to be available to receive it.

I finally manage to settle in around 2pm to watch a movie (Wattstax. Worth it just to see Ted Lange in a pre-Love Boat, "keepin' it real" setting...) The movie gets done at almost 4pm. I check UPS website again.

"A delivery attempt was made..." WTF?

I run downstairs and sure enough there's the UPS post-it.

Apparently when you entrust your package to UPS, you're putting it into the hands of people who can't manage to properly press a button. I mean, we've even got "push bell hard" printed out and taped to dang doorbell but apparently printed instructions on proper use were beyond comprehension for the guy.

So after some digging around on the UPS website, I find the number and arrange to drive there and pick it up myself. I just have to wait until after 7pm for numbnuts to wander back there with it.

I should be able to figure out who it is because my driver will be the one wearing a helmet.

That's happened to me too before. It sure does stink, but I think at least half your pain will go away once you start strumming on your new uke. ;)

You make a lot of friends with lines like that?

(I know you're joking, but geesh...that's kind of....well, ugly)

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8118

Not to take the troll bait, but I really don't consider a joke related to domestic violence particularly funny. Maybe I'm just old fashioned that way. It seemed in rather poor taste. particularly on this forum.

(and I'm sorry if I struck a chord with you and your helmet. I'm sure it's quite nice with some sweet unicorn stickers on it and stuff.)

Awwww...I feel your pain. I have had the exact same thing happen to me.

I also once had a package that I didn't even want to run to the bathroom for fear of not hearing the bell. I obsessively opened my door and checked the website all day long only to find the status read "delivery attempt made" and turns out the guy tried to deliver it to my neighbors. He couldn't even read the stupid numbers on my house and tried to deliver it next door. Like you, I drove out there that night and waited in line to get it.

As frustrated as you are though, think how happy you will be once it is yours and this is you...:music:

I had that happen several times and when I went the last time it happened in an attempt to pick it up, the driver accidently left it on the truck and they shelved it in the warehouse and said they'd have to deliver it again in the following Monday. I was fuming.

I think we've all had this experience at least once. You said you've posted a sign that says "push doorbell hard." It may be a good idea to repair the doorbell so this won't happen in the future. If the doorbell can't be heard from outside, the delivery person can only jam the button and hope he's been heard.

Not to take the troll bait, but I really don't consider a joke related to domestic violence particularly funny. Maybe I'm just old fashioned that way. It seemed in rather poor taste. particularly on this forum.

(and I'm sorry if I struck a chord with you and your helmet. I'm sure it's quite nice with some sweet unicorn stickers on it and stuff.)

Troll bait... nah, just pointing out your poor taste.

I think we've all had this experience at least once. You said you've posted a sign that says "push doorbell hard." It may be a good idea to repair the doorbell so this won't happen in the future. If the doorbell can't be heard from outside, the delivery person can only jam the button and hope he's been heard.

Maybe you could rig it so it shocks the crap out of em so they know something happened.....or maybe a OOGAAA horn rigged in would help. With it being 11 degrees he probably had two set of gloves and three knit hats with a ski mask on top!!! And to think I was bitchin cause it was 65 degrees and windy today. Hope you get your Uke OK though, just kiddin!!

Just to give you a heads up though, just remember when you pick it up, the folks at the pick up site are the ones they can't trust with driving a truck (or pressing door bells either). Be prepared for a comedy skit.

Troll bait... nah, just pointing out your poor taste.

Seriously. What's with you? I mention to somebody else that I think they made a joke in bad taste and you step in and start with this pointless parrot routine. I don't get it.

Please leave that elsewhere. This isn't the place for that kind of nonsense.

Yea, I fall asleep while watching movies too :)

LOL!!

I once had UPS deliver my first solid wood uke and same thing happened. Once I checked the website I called and they informed me it would be Tuesday before they reattempted to deliver b/c monday was a holiday. I got so mad and finally had managment contact driver and I met her two miles from my house. They were supposed to deliver after lunch and they delivered before. Needlesss to say I got my package on that friday.

The driver's response after I opened the package:

"Ohh it's just an ukulele"

Top Bottom