How Many Bring Their Ukulele To Work?

I keep one ready in my office shelf and I always carry another in my car.

I always have one in my car since I spend so much time waiting at clients, sometimes as much as an hour. That's great practice time.

I run the uke club at school, so yeah, we have a few lying around.

The killer was last semester I had a prep last block of the day in my room -- unheard of in our school! -- so the kiddos' papers were often late getting back.

I have my Kala Bocote Tenor, Lanakai Elderly Instruments 40th Tenor and a Charango in my office.

I also work at GHS Strings, so it would be out of place if I DIDN'T have any instruments here..!

I bring mine from home when I am working with my fellow players and we jam at lunch. Also, since I am a librarian, I use it for storytime.

Have a fluke sitting here. Also a schoenhut flake for now as well...

I work from home mainly, and my desk is directly under the shelves where my ukuleles live. I astonish myself at my self-discipline constantly: rarely do they come out of their cases during the actual work day :)

I have a Mainland Gecko in my desk drawer. I often bring a more playable ukulele if I feel like taking a walk to the beach or park at lunch.

I did yesterday, and played some at lunch

I keep two or three at the office: Lanikai Pineapple, Luna Tattoo, and Flea. I'll throw the Flea in the car if I think I'm going to have to kill some time along the way.

Sometimes...

As a professional actor, my workplace changes every 8 weeks or so, and the nature of the work changes too, so sometimes I'll bring a uke to the rehearsal hall if it looks like I'll have long breaks in the day, and I'll often keep a uke in the dressing room once we're in performance, to play between shows and whatnot. For the gig I'm on right now, I have little stage time, and housing is only five minutes away, so it's generally not worth it to bring the uke to rehearsals.

If I'm lucky, I've convinced the director to have a uke in the show, so I have to bring it to work!

Last edited:
I took mine to work yesterday, with the intention of leaving it alone except for breaks and lunch.

That soooooooo didn't happen!

While talking on the phone with someone, the person asked if I was at a rehearsal, she kept hearing what sounded like a really high-pitched guitar. I had picked the uke up and was absently strumming at my desk.

Uke is at home today. It's for the best.

I'm a preschool teacher, so I find a reason to use it at work. I also play it on my breaks.

I want to work where you work, GTO! I can't have any living thing other than two plants. Maybe that's because this place sucks the soul out of people...

I keep all my ukes at work... Of course, I'm a stay-at-home mom so the truth could also be said that I never leave my work!

Top Bottom