Reverb on a Uke?

imagesinthewind

Reaction score
I'm currently sitting at The Starting Gate in Los Alomitos, CA watching surf bands for the 6th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention.

Makes me wonder if one could play this on a uke. Can you hook up a uke to a reverb amp?

Yes, but you'll need a buffer or preamp to get the impedance right. It will sound tinny and weak without it

I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini acoustic amplifier that has reverb and chorus effects on the instrument channel. Ukulele sounds great through it...!!!

Although I'm now running stuff through an RP155 proecessor for my les paul epiphone, I tried it directly into my Roland micro cube guitar amp and it's on board effects and reverb sounded pretty good straight from the uke.

You can do ANYTHING on uke! Especially if you choose the best uke for a particular task. I have a friend who plays Hendrix licks on his Tenor Risa stick, through effects pedals (reverb, fuzz, overdrive, octave) and even through a PA it will blow your mind!

For more mundane day to day amplification, a bit of 'verb will open up an amplified acoustic ukulele to help make it sound "bigger".

oh, i got the amp. Black Pearl. Hubby plays a jazzmaster and picked up a couple amps that are used in surf music (one on stage right now) but want to know if its possible and what you all use. We also have a couple small fender practice amp but no effects.

Top Bottom