50's Martin Concert????

prairieschooner

Reaction score
I should have a deal on a 50's Martin Concert. I am looking for advice before I leave with it.
Any known issues that I should pay attention to prior to accepting it?
thanks in advance

Play it first and see how it sounds...Congrats on the find....let us know if you get it.....

Play it first and see how it sounds...Congrats on the find....let us know if you get it.....

Decided against it. I think that I'll put a new set of strings on my Favilla at least for now.

How much was it selling for PS?

$1,300 but talked down to $1,000 (or so I was being told-never did get a receipt). I just decided to not spend the dough just yet.
I know that these are supposed to be rare although they never did guarantee that it was in original condition and didn't clarify if there was any restoration work performed on it.

Last edited:
That's it! I have been trying to figure out a way to describe it.
PS What Strings do you suggest?

I've found with my Favilla baritone that it likes Nylon strings over the fluro carbon. I've got Diaddarios on now just cause I had them. Sounds great. On the vintage Martin bari I hae Worth Browns for 1&2 with Hilo wound 3&4

I"ll second Steve's suggestion of Fremonts (I use medium blacklines), on Favilla's. The make the sopranos sing. I don't have any bari's though.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to start a thread about this. I am concerned about the tension?

Top Bottom