Aloha!!

kamaaina1

Reaction score
I'm a former long-time Hawaii resident, now living in the Pacific Northwest, Washington State. Played Uke as a young kid, but have not played in 40+ years. I love Hawaiian music, and would love to start playing again. Want to pick up a good quality ukulele; something I could pass down to my kids. I'm would love a Kamaka, but out of my budget, also looking at a Pono Concert, and seriously looking at the Martin C1K. I can get one locally for about $470.
Any thoughts on the models I'm looking at? Suggestions??

Mahalo's!!!

**Sorry! wrong section.... please move. Thanks!!

E Komo Mai Kamaaina1,
If you can get one vintage martin it might be better.......if you want a site where you can get um let me know....will be happy to help you....Happy Strummings
Hey brah check your personal message....PM >>>>>:)

Last edited:
welcome to the UU Ohana

Uncle Rod here.

SUPA annual picnic today at Ravenna Park near UW, 9 to 5 p.
Check out ( seattleukulele.org ). There are several upcoming ukulele
Events, both Song Circles and Festivals like Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival
At the Seattle Center, Sunday, Sept 8. Hope to see you at some of these events.

Also, I just started a new website ( ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com ).
Please feel free to check it out.

Keep uke'in',

Uncle Rod here.

SUPA annual picnic today at Ravenna Park near UW, 9 to 5 p.
Check out ( seattleukulele.org ). There are several upcoming ukulele
Events, both Song Circles and Festivals like Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival
At the Seattle Center, Sunday, Sept 8. Hope to see you at some of these events.

Also, I just started a new website ( ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com ).
Please feel free to check it out.

Keep uke'in',

These are the kinds of events where you meet people who may have for sale, exactly what you want.....let people know you are shopping. You should easily get a solid mahogany Pono concert around mid-$200's if you are patient. Go up from there. Lots of great KoAloha concerts at decent prices too. Good luck

Hello and welcome! Also, check out the marketplace right here on UkuleleUnderground. Great ukes are for sale there all the time...

if you haven't looked at the Hawaii Music Supply site you should. i'm looking to get a nice Pono as soon as i can, the HMS site has ukes for all price ranges.

Top Bottom