Mission Accomplished

Ukejenny

Reaction score
My husband is non music folk and has tried different ways to get into music since we started dating years ago. He is sitting across the living room at this moment playing my tenor ukulele. It sounds beautiful from over there, with the C and F chords being strummed. I knew I had him when we went to the music store tonight and he looked through all the music books to find a uke primer of some sort.

Should I try to infect him with UAS? ...cause, that tenor is MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!! :drool:

Congratulations! I have infected three of our six kids, so far, and my husband. I am holding out hope for two of the others(one is probably hopeless, doesn't like music?? what happened there???switched at birth,maybe). When they come to visit, I work on them and by the time they leave, they take one of my lesser ukes with them. It gives me a good excuse to shop for a new one.. win/win. My California kid is coming to visit next summer but I don't know if I can wait that long. I may just have to ship her out a surprise uke (Xmas? perhaps). Spread the love

Yes, everyone needs/deserves their own ukulele.

PS please feel free to visit my new website ( ukulelebootcamp.weebly. com ) to assist your
Loved ones with learning to play their ukes.

Keep uke'in',

PS please feel free to visit my new website ( ukulelebootcamp.weebly. com ) to assist your

Keep uke'in',

:agree: Better than most beginners books. Great chord exercises....I still use them for warmups. If he insists a book, I'd go with Ukulele for Dummies.
Good luck. I infected a few of my grand kids, but unfortunately, they only got a mild case of ukuleleitis.

You know what you need to do. Assimilate him into the (uke)-Borg.

let him have your uke. tell him it will be like losing a piece of your heart, your sole will be diminished, the weeping will someday subside. then go to HMS and buy the best uke they've got.

Keep uke'in',

Yay, your Weebly site looks great!!! Very user friendly to customize it and make it fun and stylish, which you absolutely did. I'll be bookmarking it and leading him there. Thanks!!

let him have your uke. tell him it will be like losing a piece of your heart, your sole will be diminished, the weeping will someday subside. then go to HMS and buy the best uke they've got.

He will just probably snort at this kind of talk, LOL, he's a Trekker, so I may need to try Allan's approach first.

He's also tight-fisted with money, so this will be a process, but one well worth the work. And with Christmas a few months away, I can see things getting complicated.

I have a tenor Koa Pili Koko. That is the one he is playing. I think the concert size is going to be more my fit, but that tenor suits him perfectly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom