Roadmaps Chapter 8 ???

rowjimmytour

Reaction score
I moved to chapter 8 chord soloing the other night but don't get the diagram on page 39 showing major, minor, and seventh shaped chords and then shows notes in white. What does the white notes or shapes mean and what order or shape do you play them? Thanks in advance for most likely another stupid question I can not figure out on my own:)

This is Sokolow & Beloff's Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps, right? I think your answer is on pg. 40 - looks to me like the white-circle notes are the melody notes most likely to be used with that chord form. So, when you're ready to play the melody with / between the chords, these are notes you might want to use. There's not a prescribed order, because it will vary with your melody. Does the example on pg. 40 help?

This is Sokolow & Beloff's Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps, right? I think your answer is on pg. 40 - looks to me like the white-circle notes are the melody notes most likely to be used with that chord form. So, when you're ready to play the melody with / between the chords, these are notes you might want to use. There's not a prescribed order, because it will vary with your melody. Does the example on pg. 40 help?
Thanks and kinda what I thought after looking looking at the same thing but wasn't sure since this is all new to me even thought I have played uke now for over two years (8 months). :)

Top Bottom