WTB: Kanile Aldrine model

VinnyQH

Reaction score
Looking to see if there is a used one for sale, have cash, and a koaloha for trade if interested too. And please, no comments from the peanut gallery, last time was a nightmare posting on this forum with a bunch of people commenting on their own opinions.

Thanks

Vincent

Thanks for valuing our input and good luck on the search.
Looking to see if there is a used one for sale, have cash, and a koaloha for trade if interested too. And please, no comments from the peanut gallery, last time was a nightmare posting on this forum with a bunch of people commenting on their own opinions.

Thanks

Vincent

And so it begins. 2 smart ass comments already, jeez - don't let them push your buttons they've got nothing better to do with their time VinnyQH.

Vinny I remember that last thread, you were looking for a Pineapple Sunday and you got ganged up on and berated for your buying price - well guess what there's one on ebay right now for what you were asking so keep your head up my friend and you will find an Aldrine Kanile'a. Aloha

Thanks

Vincent

I can assure you no one on here is trying to waste your time but rather help and make it easier for you purchase the ukulele youre looking for. If you don't like advise or help I'd post on eBay then you don't have to talk to anyone

Peanut Gallery:

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, the occupants of which were all too willing (in the view of the performer) to heckle.

The least expensive snack served at the theater would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to show their disapproval. The phrases "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name, meaning the "great unwashed" should defer to their betters.

SOURCE

You might want to contact Frank (suzukhammer) -- I know he has one, and he seemed inclined to start selling a bunch of his ukes

And so it begins. 2 smart ass comments already, jeez - don't let them push your buttons they've got nothing better to do with their time VinnyQH.

Vinny I remember that last thread, you were looking for a Pineapple Sunday and you got ganged up on and berated for your buying price - well guess what there's one on ebay right now for what you were asking so keep your head up my friend and you will find an Aldrine Kanile'a. Aloha

Oh, I've got plenty to do with my time. It just rankles me that people come on here and somehow think they are "above" us commoners. If that is the way they feel, I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the internet they can spend theirs.

Oh, I've got plenty to do with my time. It just rankles me that people come on here and somehow think they are "above" us commoners. If that is the way they feel, I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the internet they can spend theirs.

Rule #1 don't assume things. You truly are making an ass out of u and me. You assumed Vinny's comment about the "peanut gallery" was referring to him belonging to an elite upper echelon or superior group compared to "you commoners" as you put it. False. Stop the buck here, delete your OP, as all else evolving from that assumption are lies because that is a complete misunderstanding of the truth.

If you had any clue what he was referring too i.e. "last time was a nightmare posting on this forum with a bunch of people commenting on their own opinions" was because he was looking for a ukulele with a certain budget and a specific small group of smart-ass'ed, self-righteous members felt inclined to publicly berate him and blow up his post with comments like: "lol $800? are you serious, I got $805 here!" "$805 hur hur hur I got $815" "heh meheh $830 count me in"...and 10 of those exact same comments later a mod had to intervene. Complete lack of respect for someone serious about purchasing an instrument(which BY THE WAY was on ebay for his buying price last week). So BOOM!

Don't assume things, ask questions. Good day, sir. Good luck to Vinny. Aloha

Last edited:
Not sure if you found the Aldrine yet but this might be a good compromise for less money:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukuele-market/kanilea-kstp-premium-koa-tenor-slothead.html

It has most of the same features and you could always add a pickup and/or Gilbert tuners in the future.

Thanks

Vincent

Rule #1 don't assume things. You truly are making an ass out of u and me. You assumed Vinny's comment about the "peanut gallery" was referring to him belonging to an elite upper echelon or superior group compared to "you commoners" as you put it. False. Stop the buck here, delete your OP, as all else evolving from that assumption are lies because that is a complete misunderstanding of the truth.

If you had any clue what he was referring too i.e. "last time was a nightmare posting on this forum with a bunch of people commenting on their own opinions" was because he was looking for a ukulele with a certain budget and a specific small group of smart-ass'ed, self-righteous members felt inclined to publicly berate him and blow up his post with comments like: "lol $800? are you serious, I got $805 here!" "$805 hur hur hur I got $815" "heh meheh $830 count me in"...and 10 of those exact same comments later a mod had to intervene. Complete lack of respect for someone serious about purchasing an instrument(which BY THE WAY was on ebay for his buying price last week). So BOOM!

Don't assume things, ask questions. Good day, sir. Good luck to Vinny. Aloha

My point is--if you start things off with a post of that sort, then you invite the 'peanut gallery' to mess with you. Other than that, his post was completely in line. He wouldn't have elicited either of the posts from chrimess or me, had he left anything other than seeking the Aldrine uke out.

And as far as my original post, it stands. My assumption only comes from what I can see.

One smart-ass comment begats another. I'm not saying that's right, but it is what it is.

King, can you link me to the Pineapple Sunday for $850? Seriously. I'm interested to buy it. I can't find in on the Bay, even in completed auctions. But I may not be searching right. Or the right site. Thx.

Then, back to looking for an Aldrine model for VHQ.

Sincerely, Cashew.

Last edited:
It went for 1050USD, which was the buyitnow-price. Item was 121157522278-very pretty.

King, can you link me to the Pineapple Sunday for $850? Seriously. I'm interested to buy it. I can't find in on the Bay, even in completed auctions. But I may not be searching right. Or the right site. Thx.

Then, back to looking for an Aldrine model for VHQ.

Sincerely, Cashew.

Last edited:

Thanks, Chrimess, very much. If that's true, then the $850 Kolaloha PS remains a unicorn.

But, KingD seemed quite sure of it, and since I want one, maybe he'll tell us it was a different site--the one available "right now".

Thanks, Pistachio.

If it sold the $850 then the ukulele bubble has burst!!

You can occasionally get cheaper ukes on ebay than on UU cuz members remember how much they paid and want maximum dollars these days...they go to ebay as a last resort.

Here's one that was being offered in March 2013, not too long ago, VinnyHQ. Maybe PM this gentleman/gentlewoman to see if he still has it for sale?
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...t-check-Kanile-a-Aldrine-Guerrero-Model-Tenor

Another tip I have used: if you Google search the model you're interested in, you'll get many past posts from UU -- everything from unboxing new owners to problem threads to sale threads. This is particularly helpful for uncommon models like Aldrine's Kanilea. Then, you can just PM the owners kindly and ask if they are interested in selling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom