Season 78: MADNESS and SKA Hits

Wongo

Reaction score
Welcome along to the 78th Season of the Ukulele.
I am a great lover of Madness and SKA music. This week I want to watch you amazing people play the music that I love.
I turn 30 on the 19/08/2013 so I was very happy when I managed to get this week. I fully intend on sitting and relaxing while I listen to what you Seasonistas have to bring this week. Culminating in a fantastic playlist for me to play at my party next Monday.(Double Bonus)

Guidelines:
1: Songs must be by Madness or be a SKA Hit(I’m not going to be overly fussy about what constitutes as a SKA Hit. so if you have a song but you are not sure....do it anyway)

2: scrap this rule.../.........././././...as many entries as you like.......././.....././. I liked Fred's rule of 3 entries per person so I will stick to that again this week (so no bonuses, limit of 3 videos per participant)

3: Multi-tracking is allowed, Ukulele must be the central instrument

4: Repeats of songs are allowed as I like to hear how different people interpret a song

5: Its must be a new video for this season, with entrants stating somewhere that it is for the 78th Season of the Ukulele

6: Please state somewhere the song title and the artist

7: Season ends 11:59pm Sunday 18/8/2013 Hawaii Time

Here are some useful links

list of Ska bands

http://www.pure80spop.co.uk/ska.htm

The Specials

The(English)Beat

This is a musical based around the music of Madness.
Our house the musical

Judging: this week I will pick two winners, I will make my decision based on energy with you video as Ska music is all about the energy.

Prizes: the two winners will win a pair of sunglasses like Suggs wore. Also each winner will have the opportunity to name one of my new kittens. I will also send you emails with pictures of the kitten you named as they grow up.
Here are the kittensimage.jpg

Thank you I hope you enjoy this week as much as I’m going to

Alex

Playlist

Non-entry playlist

Songs from "The Harder They Come"playlist

Last edited:
Wow - Beaut Wongo. Got two songs already in the pipeline. Off to watch some football and then at work 13 hours tomorrow but I WILL RETURN. ;-)

Lol! From Broadway to Ska. I'm going to have to get some help from my son on this one as I have no clue.......

Lol! From Broadway to Ska. I'm going to have to get some help from my son on this one as I have no clue.......

Fred you should watch the Our house the musical link I posted, it's a great show, it's been on in the westend. It just hasn't made it to broadway(yet)

I love old ska music from the sixties and I've got a song in mind as well. Let's see if we can get an entry in this week. We're also preparing to play at Burning Uke in Gent (Belgium) on Saturday. Busy times. But a great theme!

I love old ska music from the sixties and I've got a song in mind as well. Let's see if we can get an entry in this week. We're also preparing to play at Burning Uke in Gent (Belgium) on Saturday. Busy times. But a great theme!

It would be great if you stars could get an entry together.

I have never heard of Ska music. What in the world is it?

SEE? Now the Vespa will come in handy!
Street cred regained...
If I am not overstepping and anyone needs inspiration, here are a few recent radio shows
Blue Beat records
and other original Ska sides.
hup hup hup chigga chigga chigga.
This is gonna be FUN! Thanks Wongo for a great theme
I have never heard of Ska music. What in the world is it?
K- check the links mate, Jamaican popular right around the time of independence. Think American R&B with a different accented note. Grandpa of Reggae.

Last edited:
Great theme, Wongo. So many ways to adapt ska's rhythms to ukulele---should be both challenging and fun for all.

Maybe a photo or two of those kittens would provide additional inspiration? Meow?

Thanks, TCK...that really accentuates the difference between the two, which had me stumped. :) Great radio shows too. (I just discovered them of my own accord, fairly recently...nice to know what particular favourites of yours are.)

Top Bottom