mmmmmmmmBop (contest)

deach

Reaction score
Rules
  • Use the original lyrics to Hanson's mmmmmBop (the entire song)
  • You may change the chords and melody if you like
  • Use a uke
  • Your face must be visible
  • You must say "this is for deach's mmmmbop contest" at the beginning of the vid.
  • Post the video on YouTube and post the link to the video on this thread
  • You may post multiple entries

How the videos will be judged
6.) Entries will be judged on a variety of factors including: entertainment value, technical ability, creative video presentation, and humor.
Just kidding!!!!

Make the song not suck! Make me say, damn, that's a great song, I can't believe it's mmmmBop. That's how you win.
No points for fancy video production, harmonies with yourself, silly hats, wacky locations etc. ***- If you can not sing and play at the same time, you may record yourself singing to you playing. You must use both videos and one of those fancy video editing programs to show that you are indeed, doing both.

Deadline
Friday the 13th! of February
NOON Eastern Standard Time

The prize
EDIT 1/10/09 - It's only day 2 and the competition is really fierce. I know I will have a hard time deciding so I am changing the prize.

TWO WINNERS will be chosen

The winners will get their pick of ANY ukulele from MainlandUkuleles.com or a Kala Jazz uke - Black, Natural or Sunburst complete with the usual MGM set-up. OR any uke or combination of ukes that cost equal or less than this one (MGM prices) OR if they are saving up for a really nice uke, and they need a couple hundred to get them there, as long as it's from MGM's store, I'd do that too.)

Good luck!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entries:

Ken Middleton
Ken Middleton - entry 2

Aldrine

Link
Link - entry 2

RussBuss415

BaronK69

HaileISela
HaileISela - version 2
HaileISela - version 3

mctmrt

DeG

Spuash

HumbleSounds

Poopylungstuffing 1 Poopylungstuffing 2

PoopyLungstuffing - entry 2

lisaxy424
lisaxy424 - entry 2

bornagainjeepers

JT Ukes

Cashew

UKISociety - entry 1
UKISociety - entry 2

Sam Wise
Sam Wise - entry 2

4DJB25
4DJB25 - entry 2

Bassukuguy

provines
provines - entry 2

krabbers
krabbers - entry 2

dorkatron

SailQwest

katreetrunk

Blindingham

That_Pete_Guy

UkuleleJJ

The Acoustic Monster

Nicu Pascu

Last edited:
Luck with this, I'm thinking you are going to find that this song is not as easy to make sound great as you think.

Indeed. I have no intention to make it sound great. I just think it will be fun.

Luck with this, I'm thinking you are going to find that this song is not as easy to make sound great as you think.

The lyrics, except for the mmmmbop part, are actually not bad. I may even give it a try and make it into a blues song.

The song is about keeping the people that really matter close to you because so many people are fakers and will be gone when you are down and really need them.

I am not joking, listen to the song. Hanson rocks. I said it, so what, wanna fight about it? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6NxS13RcFE

Last edited:
Deach sure knows how to turn things around when it's needed the most. And this contest is relevant to my interests. :O

Always dug Hanson. Even after I found out that they're dudes. Gotta give them credit; they managed to put out some impeccably-crafted pop tunes, and made it cool for kids to be music stars after Michael Jackson had long since gotten old and reclusive. While my biggest musical influences as a kid were Jimi Hendrix and the Kinks, I thought it was neat that some kids somewhere around my age were writing and touring and recording already.

Can I help us all with the lyrics?...

I assume they are correct, I followed along with the video on Youtube.

lyrics:
You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last
You're going through all this pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast
And they're gone so fast
So hold on the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
When you get old and start losing your hair
Can you tell me who will still care
Can you tell me who will still care

Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du

Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose
You can plant any one of those
Keep planting to find out which one grows
It's a secret no one knows
It's a secret no one knows

In an mmm bop they're gone, in an mmm bop they're not there
In an mmm bop they're gone, in an mmm bop they're not there
Until you lose your hair
But you don't care

Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du

Can you tell me? You say you can but you don't know
Can you tell me which flower's going to grow?
Can you tell me if it's going to be a daisy or a rose?

Can you tell me which flower's going to grow?
Can you tell me? You say you can but you don't know

I am not afraid to say that I absolutely LOVE this song. I love it. In fact, I own the Middle of Nowhere album and play it at least once a month or so.

It's bubblegum pop, but it's bubblegum at it's best.

I cannot carry a tune in a bucket, but I think I may give this a shot...

The song is about keeping the people that really matter close to you because so many people are fakers and will be gone when you are down and really need them.

I am not joking, listen to the song. Hanson rocks. I said it, so what, wanna fight about it? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6NxS13RcFE

No argument from me Rayan. I keep Mmmbop on my Ipod as well as a copy of Underneath.

These guys had a way overplayed hit with Mmmbop. Overplayed takes a large amount of talent though. A song needs to be good to be overplayed....kind of like I'm yours.

Hanson still makes thier living selling recorded music and selling tickets to live performances. Hanson does indeed rock.

Good luck though, I've always felt happy tunes made the best Uke tunes and Mmmbop is a pretty happy tune. I'm looking forward to the results of this contest.

Awesome prize! I have a strict no ending up on Youtube policy for myself, but a jazz tenor is so unbelievably cool in person! I'm looking forward to watching that blasted song lots of times!

How the videos will be judged
6.) Entries will be judged on a variety of factors including: entertainment value, technical ability, creative video presentation, and humor.
Just kidding!!!!

BUHAHAHAHA! LOVE IT! Ima try this one out!

I must say, I read the lyrics...and still don't like it. But hey! I'll give it a shot for good will. Assuming I can...

Top Bottom