Martin, on the rocks......

I have thought this very same thing while looking at instruments on eBay. Guitars lying on a tile floor getting scratched or a uke sitting outside on somebody's deck without any protections. I thought I was the only one that saw these things. ;)

I've heard stories of people bringing their high end ukuleles out and getting them severely damaged...I really think that martin is overpriced...

I think it's actually sitting on the grass and leaning on the bush. And I don't think that's an unfair asking price for a 3K, although it's more than I could afford! It's a nice example of a 3K. I doubt that they left it out there longer than it took to snap the photos though!

I was taking photos of my 'cello for an online ad and of course it fell over, hitting something, taking a nice chunk out of an edge. :eek:

I understand there can be risks involved propping your uke up outdoors somewhere it could slip and be damaged.

But I at least applaud them for trying to take an aesthetically pleasing photo.

How many times have you seen an ad or a youtube video where someone's in front of an unmade bed with the closet door open and clothes scattered on the floor.

I also appreciate when people crop photos to focus on the subject so you're not stuck with a huge amount of extraneous background.

no ukulele was hurt or damaged during this photo shoot...
IMG_1469.jpg

Yeah, apparently the photo was taken just after the p*** shoot <g>. Have seen many "I don't know how to take care of a high end uke" photos on ebay over the years, but never commented on them. After all some of the best deals you get are from folks who don't know what they're doing or what they have <g>.

I understand there can be risks involved propping your uke up outdoors somewhere it could slip and be damaged.

But I at least applaud them for trying to take an aesthetically pleasing photo.

How many times have you seen an ad or a youtube video where someone's in front of an unmade bed with the closet door open and clothes scattered on the floor.

I also appreciate when people crop photos to focus on the subject so you're not stuck with a huge amount of extraneous background.

Top Bottom