a oscar schmidt...

you get what you paid for. put it that way! i would rather get a makala or lanikai!

I don't know anything about that uke, but I can guarantee you that there's no way a multi soundhold Ovation/Applause sounds "too acoustic" for you. Too artificial, perhaps.

Ive played this one, not impressed.

they were selling one like this in my local music store, i've tried it n didn't like, there were buzzez in the c string 5th fret

I've got the OU-5. It's okay. Not very loud and not much "body", but it has a certain brightness that I kinda like.

The single biggest problem is the intonation. Lots of Oscar Schmidts have that trouble, from what I understand. Based on that alone, I'd keep looking if I were you.

JJ

My wife had an ou13 and it was a very quiet uke, plus I had to work the saddle and action to get acceptable intonation. For the money you can get a better sound. I played one of the Makala (around $100) Tenors a friend bought from MGM, much better uke. Go look at his site. For 99 bucks you can get a better uke than the OS. The OS schmidt looks great.....but....

I don't know anything about that uke, but I can guarantee you that there's no way a multi soundhold Ovation/Applause sounds "too acoustic" for you. Too artificial, perhaps.

That's a hard thing to call, really-- you don't know the original poster's tastes. Maybe he'd be better served with an Eleuke, or even a Konablaster.

Top Bottom