So excited for Mya Moe picnic this weekend! :-D

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
This weekend, my hubby and I are attending the Mya Moe picnic in southern WA. It's going to be a great experience with different workshops in which to participate, a tour of the shop, and of course, to meet all sorts of new uke folks! Also, my Skype uke teacher, Danielle Anderson (of Danielle Ate The Sandwich) will be a special guest at the picnic, and I will get to meet her in person for the first time! Sooooo excited! Is anyone else here on UU going?

Wow! sounds like a great event.

I live in Seattle, not too far away, but very busy this weekend already.

if you're ever up in Seattle, please check out (seattleukulele.org) calendar of events to
find out what's cooking in this part of the great Pacific North West :)

Hope you have a great time with your expectations greatly exceeded! :)

keep uke'in',

As a three-time Mya-Moe owner, I'm envious of those going to the picnic. I live too far away (San Francisco) to shoot up there for the weekend, and didn't have enough time to plan a longer trip to the Pacific Northwest that could incorporate the Mya-Moe picnic. I hope someone who attends posts lots of photos and videos.

As a three-time Mya-Moe owner, I'm envious of those going to the picnic. I live too far away (San Francisco) to shoot up there for the weekend, and didn't have enough time to plan a longer trip to the Pacific Northwest that could incorporate the Mya-Moe picnic. I hope someone who attends posts lots of photos and videos.

Hi, mds725! I will definitely get some pics to post! Sure wish you could come -- I've been hoping to meet other UU'ers there, too! If you do plan a trip to the PNW, definitely come this time of year -- we've had great weather in the Seattle area about a month straight; it's been fabulous! I've only lived in the area a little over 5 years, but I know enough to enjoy this nice weather while it's around...soon enough, the rainy season will be upon us and it's hard on me -- gotta keep that Vitamin D around! :)

Wow! sounds like a great event.

I live in Seattle, not too far away, but very busy this weekend already.

if you're ever up in Seattle, please check out (seattleukulele.org) calendar of events to
find out what's cooking in this part of the great Pacific North West :)

Hope you have a great time with your expectations greatly exceeded! :)

keep uke'in',

Hi there, Uncle Rod! Thanks for your post and I wish that we'd be able to meet at the picnic -- but, I will definitely check out the seattleukulele.org calendar web site! I live just about an hour north of Seattle -- I don't get to the city very much, but I will definitely try to do so if it means getting together with other ukers! Thanks for your comment and hope to meet you one day soon! :)

As a three-time Mya-Moe owner, I'm envious of those going to the picnic. I live too far away (Chicago) to shoot up there for the weekend, and didn't have enough time to plan a longer trip to the Pacific Northwest that could incorporate the Mya-Moe picnic. I hope someone who attends posts lots of photos and videos. Someday I'd like to meet mds725, hochapeafarm, Miss Sandwich and the entire gang.

As a three-time Mya-Moe owner, I'm envious of those going to the picnic. I live too far away (Chicago) to shoot up there for the weekend, and didn't have enough time to plan a longer trip to the Pacific Northwest that could incorporate the Mya-Moe picnic. I hope someone who attends posts lots of photos and videos. Someday I'd like to meet mds725, hochapeafarm, Miss Sandwich and the entire gang.

I'd love to meet you, too!!! One day that will happen, I'm sure! I promise that I will get A LOT of pics for you to see, for sure! I am hoping if I am lucky enough, I can get Danielle to play a song with me -- she mentioned it to me, but we'll see! :) I have never been to a ukulele workshop before and I am so excited to see everything in the works! Plus it's going to be so cool and fun to meet Gordon, Char, Aaron, Nicole, Jim, and Ben! Wooohooo!!! This is also going to be my first uke event!

Have a great weekend Chelle! Wow, so jealous. Can't wait for the pics and videos. All this talk of pea farms and sandwiches and picnics can make a guy hungry... :p

Hi Chelle, I'm jealous I can't be there. I'm still in Yellowstone, buy it would be fun to see the wood Char is picking out for my Super Soprano.
Since I'm buying the soprano, I will be selling the Black Bear Macadamia concert I bought from you this spring. I decided Soprano fit me better. Haven't listed it yet as it is in WA and I'M in WY 'till mid Oct. Are you gettin a May Moe?

Ginger

Last edited:
Have a great weekend Chelle! Wow, so jealous. Can't wait for the pics and videos. All this talk of pea farms and sandwiches and picnics can make a guy hungry... :p

Yayyyy!!! Hey, Jon! So good to hear from ya! Thanks for the well-wishes! Will get lots of pics and vids, too, for sure! And you are too funny about the gettin' hungry stuff -- that was a good one! :-D

Hi Chelle, I'm jealous I can't be there. I'm still in Yellowstone, buy it would be fun to see the wood Char is picking out for my Super Soprano.
Since I'm buying the soprano, I will be selling the Black Bear Macadamia concert I bought from you this spring. I decided Soprano fit me better. Haven't listed it yet as it is in WA and I'M in WY 'till mid Oct. Are you gettin a May Moe?

Ginger

Hey, Ginger! It is so great to see your post!!! I have been wondering about you and how you've been doing! When you get back, we need to get together and I'd love to hear all about your trip this summer to Yellowstone! Congratulations on your Mya Moe Super Soprano -- that is SO cool!!!! I just bought a KoAloha tenor a couple of weeks ago, and so no MM for me, but I will have a wonderful time checking out everyone else's MMs and absorbing all of the lovely uke building going on at MM! I can't wait! Please let me know when you're back in town so we can hang out together!

~ Chelle :)

Sounds like a great time. Wish I could go too. Have fun Chelle!

Hey, Eric! I totally wish that you could come, too -- I must meet you one day in person, too!!!! I'll fill you guys in on the details of the picnic! Thanks for your post! Btw, I have an idea about another collab project! I'll PM or email ya!

I hope to be there - employer's blessing pending. If UU folks are as welcoming in person as they are on the web, this should be a great time, even for a new player (and I use a broad definition of "player"). See you there.

Bill

Aloha Chelley,
Woo hoo I am jealous I cannot attend.....I do love the pacific northwest and it's beauty too....yes no forget pic's for us who cannot attend....thank you....:)

I'm dragging my Airstream trailer up to White Salmon from the central Oregon coast. I'll arrive on Thursday. I'll post an Airstream Trailer Cam video of my trip up the gorge. For those that haven't been through the Columbia River Gorge, it is truly one of the most spectacular scenic vistas on earth. Here my last video, driving the central Oregon coast. See you all this Saturday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN8eNfOAlzI

Sadly, I have a conflict and won't be able to make it. It's such a gorgeous area to visit and all the MM folks are so friendly.

Have a blast!

I hope to be there - employer's blessing pending. If UU folks are as welcoming in person as they are on the web, this should be a great time, even for a new player (and I use a broad definition of "player"). See you there.

Bill

Yay, cool, Bill! I will look for you! See you soon!!! :)

Top Bottom