LFdM's Ukaferri

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
These ukes came in recently from a custom builder in Canada. I wanted to put them at our blog but I couldn't figure out some issues the site was having so on thursday I started a new site that will become TheUkuleleReview.com in a few days when I finish it up. But catch a sneak peek of it and see the video review for these new ukes-
LFdM Ukes. <--link
(first post below the top slider)

Wow...
Nice Andrew...

the Lfdm's sounds good and the new site looks good too...
seems like you been busy with it....real nice

Congrats on the new site!!!

What's interesting is that I thought Adi / macassar would be brighter but the two are so warm

Nice ukes! Great to see someone as good as Corey playing them. Love the sound! Thanks Andrew

I find it most useful when playing with bad posture. You'll still get a sore back but your arm won't hurt.
I just posted a video at that site with an LFDM and a few others. Under the title 3 kings...

Hey Andrew or any web savvy person out there . . . love the look of the new site, but I'm not able to play any of the videos. Videos work fine on the other two sites. I'm running Chrome. Thanks!

Hey Andrew or any web savvy person out there . . . love the look of the new site, but I'm not able to play any of the videos. Videos work fine on the other two sites. I'm running Chrome. Thanks!

I had the same problem. They work fine in IE though.

Wow they all sound great. They have distinct subtleties but sound very similar.

Which LFDM is that as on the first review, you only stated Adi & Sitka but on this review you called it Alaskan Yellow Cedar. Is that the same Ko'olau from your review of 2 great tenors...It looks like the same uke but sounds totally diff't...much better in this video.

Len, you have one nice uke!!

Sorry Andrew, looks like there are still a few bugs with the site...for some reason I can't get the videos to work...on Internet Explorer or Firefox...I am so curious and can't wait to hear the samples. (By the way, it looks like the sit will be great!)

Wow they all sound great. They have distinct subtleties but sound very similar.

Which LFDM is that as on the first review, you only stated Adi & Sitka but on this review you called it Alaskan Yellow Cedar. Is that the same Ko'olau from your review of 2 great tenors...It looks like the same uke but sounds totally diff't...much better in this video.

Len, you have one nice uke!!

Thanks Daniel...

but it is all on Chuck..one of a kind builder...his sound and the build quality unmatched IMO...but Noa's work right up there with him...I hope to own one soon...

your Lfdm is nice too...when is it coming in?

Ya ukulelesupply.com is just what I'm building it in. I'll just keep working on it after the kids go to sleep and soon switch the URL to theukulelereview.com
So I think it may have just been a setting on my video and it should show ok now. I have SO much to do on that site but I have to get to some real work for now.

Sorry guys, I had to remove the post and video because I discovered something tonight when recording. There are two ways that I record, one is for sound samples and the other is for comparison videos. With sound samples I watch the wave files more because I have the ability to adjust. Tonight I recorded the four new models of the Cordoba 30 series, the new Kamaka shipment, and a handful of Kanile'a models that just arrived. But what I noticed was that the right channel of my (fairly new) tube preamp started dying out half way through, so tonight I had to slowly equalize the level on the right channel and by the end of session I was cranking the gain to equal the left. So that got me thinking and I went back to the sound files to look. I just bounced the previous one with those three without noticing that one of the three mics, one on that channel slowly decreased in volume without being touched. In fact the wolvertine and and char sounded so much less desirable I didn't even include them but now I see what was happening. We'll just have to do it again some other time. Daniel, as far as your comment on the Koolau sounding different. Well first off just look at the mic being used. The second recording had my new telefunken and it is after I got the sebatron preamp that sounds great but ruined this recording. The first one has an all black mic, clearly different and it is using a UA preamp that sounds nowhere near as good. Sorry, I am still learning and growing. You have to understand that with recording even mic placement is crucial. I had set up for the LFDM's and positioned the mics according to it's throw. And even that is an advantage. I know that seems silly but it is just that way with various instrument voices and acoustic recording. Sorry for the long explanation.

That's great to know and I'm glad you erased the video. Nothing like being there in person but if not, we want the most fair representation of the sound. I thought it was weird how the same uke could sound so different but now I know. I watched many Ko'olau videos and they are consistently great. I know I'm digressing a little but this video I posted below is still one of my favorite ukes of all time to listen. I am just mesmerized by the sound and Corey's song choice!! Maybe I can be the second owner and buy it at an affordable price. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D3RT6oJpLM

Top Bottom