Uke Cover: JJ Cale's "I Got The Same Old Blues"

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! Was feeling a bit bluesy the past couple o' days, so I thought it a good time to try to learn a tune by one of my favorite blues musicians, JJ Cale (this one's from his album 'Okie' (1974)).

This song has been covered by a ja-gazillion other folks -- and our own WS64 even -- click here to see his awesome cover! :)

Here's what I did, really simplified, though...hope you enjoy!

Your video rendition of this song is very nice and a fine tribute to the late JJ Cale. Thank you for sharing, Hochapeafarm.
Best wishes, Billsie
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My original song on YouTube

Great work Chelle, fabulous song choice for you. Absolutely loved the natural feel to the vocal and of course, the LOW G tuning.

Hi there, Campbell!!! Thanks so very much for watching and for your support/comments, too! Means a lot to me! I feel like the blues singing style is where I feel comfy in my range -- I would love to do more blues stuff! More JJ Cale and Bonnie Raitt, they're my absolute favorites! Thanks, again, for taking time to watch my video! :)

Your video rendition of this song is very nice and a fine tribute to the late JJ Cale. Thank you for sharing, Hochapeafarm.
Best wishes, Billsie
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My original song on YouTube

Hi there, Billsie! I really appreciate your feedback and thoughts so much -- much gratitude to you for spending your time to watch my lil video -- thank you! I literally actually learned this morning that JJ Cale had passed just a few weeks ago. I felt my heart sink as I read this news -- and I didn't know about this when I made this video last night. JJ Cale's music has always had a very special place in my heart and soul -- I learned of him back in my college days, well over 20 years ago...one of my favorite albums by him is 'Troubadour.' 10 years ago, I was really into his music, and Bonnie Raitt's, too...it was a very bluesy period in my life...his music, and Bonnie's, helped me through some tough spots along life's journey. I apologize, probably much more info than you wanted to know about me...but, felt the need to share as with JJ's passing, I am feeling especially sentimental about his music. Thanks, again, for taking time to share your thoughts with me and watch my video. :)

Top Bottom