I did something stupid Today

Timbuck

Reaction score
I flooded a knotty section of pine with thin CA glue to make it more stable..Not being aware that I had a large blob of glue on my index finger..I applied Zip kicker and as I watched the glue cure, bubbling and smoking I was suddenly aware that my finger end was also bubbling and smoking..there was nothing I could do... the pain was horrible and i just had to wait until it was over :mad:..now I have a large blister on my finger end :eek: I hate superglue:(

I do it all the time Ken. This is what Exacto knives are for. My finger tips are such a mess from either super glue, cut's from the jeweler's saw, or sanding through them on the belt sander. A friend of mine cuts the finger tips off of latex gloves and puts them in a jar. You can grab one or two and put them on your fingers when doing tight work with CA glue.

Oh yes! The old baptism by glue is what I call it. I usually wait for it to harden and then sand it back to the skin with 80 grit. Not a trade for wimps!

I am always amazed that my fingerprints grow back after the belt sanding. Anne

Isn't this the second time you've superglued your fingers together?
Plus you have reversed into a hot bending iron!
Should you be allowed into the workshop unaccompanied?

Just a reminder, wash you hands before going to the loo!

h

Is CA burn worse than hot glue? That stuff is already too hot and too sticky, and in panicking to get it off, I tend to burn other fingers too!
Max

I don't want to be a smarty pants, because I don't do this sort of work, but there is a product that might help with this sort of thing, if I could suggest it (just by way of trying to be helpful).

Finger Cots.
220.jpg220px-Fingercot.jpg

I'm a retired Bricklayer and I had to renew a permit that required fingerprints and was told about an old bricklayer near me that has no fingerprints from years of handling bricks and block.
Luckily mine are still there.

The worst in recent memory is getting caught in the gap between the disc sander and the table, ouch.
I have lost my fingerprints, pretty much.
I play guitar with a flat pick, and have to use rosin on my thumb and forefinger.

Top Bottom