Spalted maple simple uke stand

Appalachian picker

Reaction score
So a friend gave me a few pieces of spalted maple and, using my rudimentary wood working "skills" crafted this simple ukulele stand. Works like a champ to keep my Kingstone baritone out of harms way.
This works sooo much better than simply laying it on the couch.
P1010059.jpgP1010062.jpg

I need to build one of these, great for display. The Spalted Maple makes it unique.

Nice job AP. Is that a cord keeping the "legs" from spreading too far or a solid rod of some sort?

Thanks! It's a piece of leather - rawhide that my wife uses to lash things to her horses saddle.

Last edited:
looks real nice, i'm trying to make one also, out of an oak plank...plain but strong. Tenn. doesn't have many mango trees;)

looks real nice, i'm trying to make one also, out of an oak plank...plain but strong. Tenn. doesn't have many mango trees;)

Radio Flyer - I'm also in TN - at FT Campbell.

MM Stan - I saw an example of the stand on the internet and liked the curve and just decided to mimic it.

Wonderful. You might even take the legs and feet theme even further if you make another one. That'd be fun. In fact, until I put on my glasses, I thought your original was carved into legs and feet. :cool:

Top Bottom