WTB Martin Concert

prairieschooner

Reaction score
I would like a vintage Martin Concert Ukulele. I am not looking to overspend but would like one in reasonably good condition and reasonably priced.
Steve

Very difficult to find. The last I saw for sale was at the Fleamarketmusic last week, and was sold for $1150 plus shipping. Good luck!

There's a couple on eBay right now.

Fabioponta's right--they don't come up that often. According to Walsh/King's book, page 206, during the actual production run 1925-1965, there were roughly 9000 total made; that's on average about 225 per year.

There have been a few custom stragglers since then.

They've been out of standard production longer than they were in production: in the nearly fifty years since they stopped production concert size ukes, many of those 9k are gone.

I will keep my eyes peeled if I see any, prairie, on sale for you.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
That one at fleamarketmusic looks like it was what I am looking for, a little jewel. "should have been here yesterday" we always said that when surfing and it always true no matter what we do!
I understand that they aren't everywhere but who knows this is at least one of the steps in the search.

"Do not want to overspend" and "reasonably priced" may require some clarification when talking about a nice Martin Concert. I'd like to have one too, but I'll probably spend that kind of money on a new Kanilea or Ko'olau one day.

"Do not want to overspend" and "reasonably priced" may require some clarification when talking about a nice Martin Concert. I'd like to have one too, but I'll probably spend that kind of money on a new Kanilea or Ko'olau one day.

The funny reality, Phil, is that the KoOlau and Kanilea will go down in value even after twenty more years, and the Martin will skyrocket.

A number of years (OK decades) ago I bought a nice 60's vintage Martin D-35 and started to learn the guitar. I had the Martin ... and babied it for a few years then when I moved aboard our Sailboat I decided to let someone else be the caretaker.
Like koolkayaker1 stated I sold it for more than I paid for it.

I just like vintage anything and now that I am learning the ukulele a vintage Martin or maybe even a Gibson is something that I like/want. Besides the Ukulele does have a rich heritage and I like what some of you can do with this small instrument. "overspend" how about one on ebay for almost $2,500 and another for $7,850 is a bit more than I would like to spend and I know they go for even more...."reasonably priced" somewhere around $900.00 to $1,200.00 providing the condition warrants is where I would like to be.
I'm not in a hurry since I have a very nice Favilla Soprano.

Last edited:
A number of years (OK decades) ago I bought a nice 60's vintage Martin D-35 and started to learn the guitar. I had the Martin ... and babied it for a few years then when I moved aboard our Sailboat I decided to let someone else be the caretaker.
Like koolkayaker1 stated I sold it for more than I paid for it.

I just like vintage anything and now that I am learning the ukulele a vintage Martin or maybe even a Gibson is something that I like/want. Besides the Ukulele does have a rich heritage and I like what some of you can do with this small instrument. "overspend" how about one on ebay for almost $2,500 and another for $7,850 is a bit more than I would like to spend and I know they go for even more...."reasonably priced" somewhere around $900.00 to $1,200.00 providing the condition warrants is where I would like to be.
I'm not in a hurry since I have a very nice Favilla Soprano.

PM and pics sent.

Plus some pics to make you open your wallet.
image.jpgimage (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage (3).jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom