Argentina Uke Monster?! Severe R-Hand...

E-Lo Roberts

Reaction score
Ukulele? No. But as HH points out, " the instrument he's playing is a cuatro." A relative of a uke.

However, if you want to stir up a mean pot of right hand technquie inspiration, then check this dude out! A bit sleepy at times but plenty of over-the-top right hand skills that you might be able to adapt to your own uke style.

He really starts to dig in around 2:43 and 5:12 and there after..pretty wild...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksCMNAUdXfw

Last edited:
Great playing, but it is just a solo.

I don't know, I get sleepy from too much great technique. If I can't dance to it....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I get bored. I like when the audience can participate with the music myself, but that's just me...

It sounds sorta like a piano!!! *sits back down* ehehehe. I wish it sounded a little more like uke....

I don't know, I get sleepy from too much great technique. If I can't dance to it....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I get bored. I like when the audience can participate with the music myself, but that's just me...
I agree. His skill is undeniable. I think the reason we don't know him is that he doesn't really have that connection factor with the listening party that Aldrine and Jake have. That power to move you and make you feel the music.

I agree. His skill is undeniable. I think the reason we don't know him is that he doesn't really have that connection factor with the listening party that Aldrine and Jake have. That power to move you and make you feel the music.
Link, yeah I'm with you. Jake and Aldrine are the whole package. Technquie, cool songs, entertaining, etc. No doubt this guy has monster skills which I can adapt to my own uke style, but I don't think I'll be buying his CD's and cranking them in my car..hahaha.. Just wanted to get people thinking about the possibilites of how far you can push the tec envelope with the uke and perhaps steal a few tricks.

Thanks for the input on the thread...e.lo

Despite being tagged (amongst other things) with "ukulele," the instrument he's playing is not a uke, it's a cuatro. A relative, yes, but not a uke.

It's tuned to the same notes as uke's D tuning but in a sort of "double-reverse-re-entrant" tuning. The two outside strings are low and the two inside ones high.

I suspect that whoever posted this has seen Jake, Aldrine, and/or a host of others attempting such styles (with varying levels of success) on YouTube and thought, "Hey! Uke-phreaks would enjoy this!" and tagged accordingly.

As far as "choice of songs" and "relating to his audience" goes, he did a piece by a famous Venezuelan composer to an audience of Venezuelans on a traditional Venezuelan instrument. They were no doubt doing the "Venezuelan folk music" version of head banging while he was playing, you just couldn't see them off camera. I'm thinking he probably did all of that just right.

A busking friend of mine (Yva Las Vegas) plays the hell out of a cuatro. They're great instruments and I've diddled about on hers a bit. I can make chords and such (same shapes, y'know) but I can't pull out the sounds that the instrument deserves. She just kills on it.

HH, Thanks for the distinction between a ukulele and it's cousin, the "cuatro". Still 4 strings but different tuning as you pointed out. Never heard of one myself. Plenty of good right hands skills that can be adapted to the ukulele though...e.lo..

Last edited:
Top Bottom