question about the adams apple

Regster

Reaction score
is the adam's apple suppose to remain still or is it ok to move up n down while singing?

from what i have researched,
"
Can I improve my tone quality?
Tone quality improves when the correct musculature is engaged in the singing process. Feel underneath your chin with your forefinger and slide it inwards to the point where your neck meets the muscles under your chin. Now swallow. Notice how your larynx (Adam's apple) raises up and the muscles under your chin tighten up as you swallow? These muscles that are engaged in the swallowing process are opposed to those engaged in the singing process. The use of these muscles while singing creates a myriad of problems that can take years to correct if left unchecked. For good tone quality, you must learn to sing without the outer muscles of the larynx. Doing so will set free your natural voice, drastically improving tone quality and ease of use. Naturally, the Singing Success Program contains techniques that will help you do this."

Source:http://www.artspace2000.com/singing_lessons/frequently_asked_questions.htm

is the adam's apple suppose to remain still or is it ok to move up n down while singing?

your actually supposed to use your stomach muscles (abdomen sp?) for singing. This also includes vibrato. if you move your adam's apple up and down, the vibrato won't sound as real. I only use my adam's apple when I sing very low/high notes or when I'm just to lazy.

To know if your actually moving your abdomen's mucles, put your hand on your abdomen while singing, and see if you can feel your mucles moving and tightening.

so, if your moving your stomach mucles, its more likely that your adam's apple remains still (but i think its also ok if you move from times to times during a song).

Top Bottom