Beginner looking for help

tomzilla

Reaction score
Hello all,
Well i just brought my first ukulele today, Its a rather cheap one but will do while im learning the basics. However i have no experiance musically and there are a number of questions in my mind. I havent had a chance to look around the web yet for useful beginners stuff so i was wondering if anyone here has any good advice, tips, useful info or good websites for me to look on.

However my main questions are:
How do i tune my Uke?
Should i invest in new strings as the ones mine came with are plastic and if so what ones.

Any personal experiance that you feel you be useful is welcome too.

Thank you
Tomzilla

A couple of good places to start:

http://www.ukeschool.com/index.html

http://www.doctoruke.com/

When I started playing I thought those 2 were really helpful for the total beginner like me.

And regarding strings, yes get some Aquila strings to replace the stock strings. They should improve the sound a little bit.

Hello all,
1.good websites for me to look on.

However my main questions are:

2.How do i tune my Uke?

3.Should i invest in new strings as the ones mine came with are plastic and if so what ones.

1. You found this site... its the best, every one is super helpful.

2. Youtube.com has a few nice videos to help you with tuning ans ither things such as this. i cant remember of the top of my head but some on posted a video here on how to restring also...

3. as for the stock ones being plastic, they are all "plastic", lol, they arent plastic they are nylon, remember this when you go to buy strings some people are mean and will laugh. i know what its like to be a newbie, and want to not let you make the same mistakes i did...

Any other questions feel free to pm me of just post up some new topics...
like i said every one here is helpful..

Howlie Boy:cool:

If you want to jump into some easy songs go to iamhawaii.com

Aldrine gives some great lessons and quicktips.

Top Bottom