New Striings!

prairieschooner

Reaction score
I just replaced the Strings on my Favilla Ukulele.
It was relatively easy as long as one has been a Sailor or Fisherman! No big deal follow any and all advice, watch youtube, filter out what confuses you and then just sit down and Get'er Done!

PS I chose Martin D600 Strings for now but will try others soon since this was easy to do!

Congratulations! I remember the sense of empowerment that I felt the first couple times that I changed strings on my own. I know a surprising number of experienced players who still don't know how, or fear, changing their own strings.

Congrats on learning this new skill. It opens up a lot of options with your uke's sound. The difference you get from the same uke using Aquilas -vs- Martins -vs- Brown Worths -vs-... is amazing.

Be warned that this make you susceptible to Ukulele String Acquisition Syndrome (USAS). I have bought a half dozen strings once to make sure my Elderly order got free shipping! There's some logic in there somewhere

Be warned that this make you susceptible to Ukulele String Acquisition Syndrome (USAS). I have bought a half dozen strings once to make sure my Elderly order got free shipping! There's some logic in there somewhere[/QUOTE]

I am very familiar with this logic.

Congratulations! I remember the sense of empowerment that I felt the first couple times that I changed strings on my own. I know a surprising number of experienced players who still don't know how, or fear, changing their own strings.

I hate changing uke strings, however have gotten very proficient over the past two months, trying out strings and gauges. It's definitely not an easy thing to do, but at least when you get used to it, it's not horrible.

Of course, as soon as I got confident with one way of tying them (so that the ends all go one direction), I get a uke that has the ends of the strings going in different directions, so that ALL of the strings are held by the others. Oy.

Top Bottom