PDA

View Full Version : Issue Two Ukulele Player and Kala Uke Give-A-Way

Pippin
01-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Greetings ALL:

Issue Two of Ukulele Player Magazine is now officially released. This issue we are featuring an exciting contest. Some lucky reader will win a brand new Kala Ukulele. Read a review of that exact ukulele and if you are the lucky winner, we will ship it to you.

http://www.tricornpublications.com/uke_player.htm

Download issue two... it's FREE to the readers.

Mickey Maguire
(Pippin)

generem
01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Cool. I really enjoyed the 1st one:)

SinisterDom
01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow, this is awesome!

wickedwahine11
01-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Great issue, as was the last one. One question, when I went to submit my name in the contest, it opened up a blank email message. Do I need to fill out the email to submit my name, or would that re-submit me because the initial click on the submit button does the entry for the contest?

ricdoug
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks once again, Mickey! The table of contents is a great lineup (as was the 1st issue):

p2. The Re-entrants
p7. Interview: Jumpin' JIm Beloff
p10. Vintage Martin "0"
p11. Review: CD Dechirico Street
p12. Luthier's Corner, Pete Howlett
p15. Recording: microphones
p16. Ohana's new SK-50WG uke
p18. Interview: The Barnkickers
p21. shop spotlight UkeLadyMusic
p22. Review Kala KA-KC-TCE uke
p23. Ukulele in Ireland
p25. Ukulele Give-A-Way contest
p26. Club Listings
p26. Ukulele Events
p27. Online Ukulele Resources

I printed it out tonight and will read it tomorrow. Thanks again! Ric

Pippin
01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Great issue, as was the last one. One question, when I went to submit my name in the contest, it opened up a blank email message. Do I need to fill out the email to submit my name, or would that re-submit me because the initial click on the submit button does the entry for the contest?

The form does that on some browser configurations (small percentage of users). If you send the e-mail to the address that appears in the "send to" field on your e-mail app, just put in your name, e-mail address, and the mailing address so that we can ship it to you if you win.

If it does not appear in there, PM me and I will give you the e-mail address... or use Internet Explorer if all else fails. I hate the Internet Explorer alternative, but that always seems to work.

Tulip
01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
When I clicked submit, it directed me to Microsoft Outlook. Unless I configure my outlook, it can't submit my form. Sorry but I'm a tad computer illierate. So, my question is that can I simply copy the "To:" address and go to my yahoo email to submit my form that way? Or do I need to submit via Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks

EDIT: Pippin just answered my question. Thank you!

Link
01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Wow, what an awesome contribution to the Uke community. I really love the interviews.

Edit: I can't thank you enough for introducing me to The Re-Entrants. They are so completely awesome. Such a funny act... but behind the comedy there is so much skill! They do all the solos! INCREDIBLE!

Pippin
01-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow, what an awesome contribution to the Uke community. I really love the interviews.

Edit: I can't thank you enough for introducing me to The Re-Entrants. They are so completely awesome. Such a funny act... but behind the comedy there is so much skill! They do all the solos! INCREDIBLE!

Your are quite welcome.

Phil and Ian are two very skilled musicians and they play the audience really well. My favorite number of theirs is "Tainted Love" (original by Soft Cell).

Bassukuguy
01-10-2009, 12:20 AM
i thought the Barnkickers article was fantastic, keep up the good work Pippin! This is really an asset to the ukulele world.

i think you should ask Seeso to tab out an Entire song or extremely good riff. possibly call it Seeso's Corner. Just a suggestion.

14twelve
01-10-2009, 12:38 AM
This is a great magazine. Thank you so much for sharing this. The interviews and articles are great! Lots of new music to look up now...

wickedwahine11
01-10-2009, 06:35 AM
The form does that on some browser configurations (small percentage of users). If you send the e-mail to the address that appears in the "send to" field on your e-mail app, just put in your name, e-mail address, and the mailing address so that we can ship it to you if you win.

If it does not appear in there, PM me and I will give you the e-mail address... or use Internet Explorer if all else fails. I hate the Internet Explorer alternative, but that always seems to work.

Thanks...just submitted my entry using the email. And thanks again for the great magazine.

NatalieS
01-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I just read both issues-- they are great!

And I'm excited to hear that new Flea/Fluke designs will be debuting this month!

Pippin
01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks for reading and your comments.

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-11-2009, 02:38 AM
hmm mine didn't work

good magazine though :D

bluesuke
01-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Mine did not work ether

UkEdman90
01-11-2009, 08:17 AM
wow that was an amazing magazine! shoot i feel like a winner just reading the darn thing haha! this is awesome you are on to something here! loved the section about pete howlet!

EDIT!!! LOOK HERE!

for all of thoze who cannot get the email to work i got it to work! i dont have outlook configured either so i just copied the email address went online and sent it through my my hotmail account! just copy and paste everything in the outlook box!

Pippin
01-11-2009, 09:44 AM
wow that was an amazing magazine! shoot i feel like a winner just reading the darn thing haha! this is awesome you are on to something here! loved the section about pete howlet!

EDIT!!! LOOK HERE!

for all of thoze who cannot get the email to work i got it to work! i dont have outlook configured either so i just copied the email address went online and sent it through my my hotmail account! just copy and paste everything in the outlook box!

Thanks! These kinds of responses make it all worthwhile.

BboyEmperor
01-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I had to setup my e-mail with Microsoft Outlook, but I BELIEVE it sent...
So yeah.
I believe my entry has been submitted.
Though I'm still not sure...

deach
01-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Excellent issue. Awesome magazine!

Pippin
01-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Excellent issue. Awesome magazine!

Thanks Deach. And thanks everyone for reading.

I felt great when I found out that Phil and Ian (the Re-entrants) found some new fans in the USA after readers checked out their website and watched some of their videos. That is what it is all about, ukuleles and the people who play them.

Captain Google
01-11-2009, 11:51 AM
That Kala is absolutely beautiful. Consider my entry sent. :cool:

hoosierhiver
01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Awesome stuff! A nice variety.

Pippin
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
thanks hh, I appreciate your feedback.

Plainsong
01-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Everyone go out and buy Craig Robertson's CD right freakin' now!

SamWise
01-12-2009, 04:10 AM
I've finally printed them both out, and am working my way through. So far, I like! I'll give you my professional (ha!) feedback when I'm done.

Pippin
01-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I've finally printed them both out, and am working my way through. So far, I like! I'll give you my professional (ha!) feedback when I'm done.

Well, SamWise, as a writer for Acoustic Magazine, I value your feedback.

Pippin

Pippin
01-18-2009, 02:32 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am rolling over the names of contest entrants to keep you in the runnng for subsequent issues so that you will not have to submit your name more than once. These entries will be good through the duration of the Kala Ukulele promotion (six issues including issue two). So, that will make it easier for everyone.

At the conclusion of this Kala promotion, we will delete the entire database.

Two other things...

I have added an e-mail address in the contest page within the magazine. Now, if the form does not work for your configuration, it is easy to submit name, shipping address, and e-mail address.

Multiple entries will disqualify you, but, "extra" entries when you submitted your original form will simply be deleted and you are still in the running. I have had a few people enter again. There is no need to do so, in fact, after today, I will disqualify those that submit again. I have simply removed the extra entries up to this point.

One more comment: I'd like to publically thank UkeLadyMusic and Kala Ukuleles for their support and contribution to the ukulele community. They're helping us spread the ukulele love, so to speak, and I could not have done the contest without them.

Thanks to Ukulele Underground for all of your work in keeping a community of ukulele players and enthusiasts right here. You guys are tops.

fergs1
01-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Greetings Pippin, great job on the magazine. I have been enjoying both issues and can't wait for the next. I like many had trouble entering the comp and I don't know if my entry went through or not and so would you kindly confirm if my entry went in snd if not I.ll enter again. Keep up the splendid work
cheers fergs

Pippin
01-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Fergs, if you are from Australia, then you are in the contest.

UkEdman90
01-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Pippin would you mind if i went to kinkos and printed off some copies of the magazine so i can give em to the little ukulele club that i started? I hope to hear from you!

nikolo727
01-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I love this!!! This is a great idea!!

I love the magazine. Its great to read about ukulele, if your not around it much. its nice for the people that dont have ukulele in their area(like me) to keep up with the ukulele world.

keep up the good writing!

Pippin
01-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Pippin would you mind if i went to kinkos and printed off some copies of the magazine so i can give em to the little ukulele club that i started? I hope to hear from you!

I'd be delighted. We produce the magazine in a PDF format that is high-res enough for people to be able to do that. RicDoug did that and passed them out at a ukulele club meet.

Pippin
01-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I love this!!! This is a great idea!!

I love the magazine. Its great to read about ukulele, if your not around it much. its nice for the people that dont have ukulele in their area(like me) to keep up with the ukulele world.

keep up the good writing!

You're in Pennsylvania? There are some ukulele people in the Bloomsburg area. There are a few in the Stroudsburg area and Pittsburg area as well.

fergs1
01-18-2009, 03:26 PM
thanks for that pippin
cheers fergs

Mikasai
01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Good idea and good reading material. I just entered, is it possible for my daughter to enter, she plays too? If can, can use a different email address. Mahaloz

UkEdman90
01-18-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd be delighted. We produce the magazine in a PDF format that is high-res enough for people to be able to do that. RicDoug did that and passed them out at a ukulele club meet.

Ok Sweet! Just Wanted Your approval! I will be waiting for issue three! and so on heck maybe just maybe i will see it in a grocery store some day! WOuldnt that be WAAAAAAAAY COOL!

Pippin
01-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Good idea and good reading material. I just entered, is it possible for my daughter to enter, she plays too? If can, can use a different email address. Mahaloz

Yes, have your daughter enter the contest. Good Luck.

Pippin
01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Ok Sweet! Just Wanted Your approval! I will be waiting for issue three! and so on heck maybe just maybe i will see it in a grocery store some day! WOuldnt that be WAAAAAAAAY COOL!

Yeah, that would be cool, but then my cost of production would sky-rocket. The beauty of the PDF format is that my cost is really tied up in bandwidth and the time it takes to put everything together and travel a bit to make things happen. I save on the magazine by not having to pay for printing and distribution. The bonus is that club information can be submitted today and it will be in the magazine as soon as I check e-mail.

Print cost restricts you to fixed schedules and about three months in advance. It is much more timely doing things this way.