Issue Two Ukulele Player and Kala Uke Give-A-Way

Pippin

Reaction score
Greetings ALL:

Issue Two of Ukulele Player Magazine is now officially released. This issue we are featuring an exciting contest. Some lucky reader will win a brand new Kala Ukulele. Read a review of that exact ukulele and if you are the lucky winner, we will ship it to you.

http://www.tricornpublications.com/uke_player.htm

Download issue two... it's FREE to the readers.

Mickey Maguire
(Pippin)

Great issue, as was the last one. One question, when I went to submit my name in the contest, it opened up a blank email message. Do I need to fill out the email to submit my name, or would that re-submit me because the initial click on the submit button does the entry for the contest?

Thanks once again, Mickey! The table of contents is a great lineup (as was the 1st issue):

p2. The Re-entrants
p7. Interview: Jumpin' JIm Beloff
p10. Vintage Martin "0"
p11. Review: CD Dechirico Street
p12. Luthier's Corner, Pete Howlett
p15. Recording: microphones
p16. Ohana's new SK-50WG uke
p18. Interview: The Barnkickers
p21. shop spotlight UkeLadyMusic
p22. Review Kala KA-KC-TCE uke
p23. Ukulele in Ireland
p25. Ukulele Give-A-Way contest
p26. Club Listings
p26. Ukulele Events
p27. Online Ukulele Resources

I printed it out tonight and will read it tomorrow. Thanks again! Ric

Great issue, as was the last one. One question, when I went to submit my name in the contest, it opened up a blank email message. Do I need to fill out the email to submit my name, or would that re-submit me because the initial click on the submit button does the entry for the contest?

The form does that on some browser configurations (small percentage of users). If you send the e-mail to the address that appears in the "send to" field on your e-mail app, just put in your name, e-mail address, and the mailing address so that we can ship it to you if you win.

If it does not appear in there, PM me and I will give you the e-mail address... or use Internet Explorer if all else fails. I hate the Internet Explorer alternative, but that always seems to work.

When I clicked submit, it directed me to Microsoft Outlook. Unless I configure my outlook, it can't submit my form. Sorry but I'm a tad computer illierate. So, my question is that can I simply copy the "To:" address and go to my yahoo email to submit my form that way? Or do I need to submit via Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks

EDIT: Pippin just answered my question. Thank you!

Last edited:
Wow, what an awesome contribution to the Uke community. I really love the interviews.

Edit: I can't thank you enough for introducing me to The Re-Entrants. They are so completely awesome. Such a funny act... but behind the comedy there is so much skill! They do all the solos! INCREDIBLE!

Last edited:
Wow, what an awesome contribution to the Uke community. I really love the interviews.

Edit: I can't thank you enough for introducing me to The Re-Entrants. They are so completely awesome. Such a funny act... but behind the comedy there is so much skill! They do all the solos! INCREDIBLE!

Your are quite welcome.

Phil and Ian are two very skilled musicians and they play the audience really well. My favorite number of theirs is "Tainted Love" (original by Soft Cell).

i thought the Barnkickers article was fantastic, keep up the good work Pippin! This is really an asset to the ukulele world.

i think you should ask Seeso to tab out an Entire song or extremely good riff. possibly call it Seeso's Corner. Just a suggestion.

The form does that on some browser configurations (small percentage of users). If you send the e-mail to the address that appears in the "send to" field on your e-mail app, just put in your name, e-mail address, and the mailing address so that we can ship it to you if you win.

If it does not appear in there, PM me and I will give you the e-mail address... or use Internet Explorer if all else fails. I hate the Internet Explorer alternative, but that always seems to work.

Thanks...just submitted my entry using the email. And thanks again for the great magazine.

I just read both issues-- they are great!

And I'm excited to hear that new Flea/Fluke designs will be debuting this month!

hmm mine didn't work

good magazine though :D

wow that was an amazing magazine! shoot i feel like a winner just reading the darn thing haha! this is awesome you are on to something here! loved the section about pete howlet!

EDIT!!! LOOK HERE!

for all of thoze who cannot get the email to work i got it to work! i dont have outlook configured either so i just copied the email address went online and sent it through my my hotmail account! just copy and paste everything in the outlook box!

Last edited:
wow that was an amazing magazine! shoot i feel like a winner just reading the darn thing haha! this is awesome you are on to something here! loved the section about pete howlet!

EDIT!!! LOOK HERE!

for all of thoze who cannot get the email to work i got it to work! i dont have outlook configured either so i just copied the email address went online and sent it through my my hotmail account! just copy and paste everything in the outlook box!

Thanks! These kinds of responses make it all worthwhile.

I had to setup my e-mail with Microsoft Outlook, but I BELIEVE it sent...
So yeah.
I believe my entry has been submitted.
Though I'm still not sure...

Top Bottom