Uluru Ukulele Apology

uluru ukulele

Reaction score
Uluru Ukulele Apology

This is the owner of Ayers guitar and I would like to make an official apology to Mr. Chuck Moore and the ukulele community for improperly using Mr. Moore’s design.

We checked thoroughly and Ayers made totally 5 ukuleles that are involved with Mr. Moore’s design.

With the intention to show our inlay skill, we made two Dragon inlay ukuleles, one Bamboo inlay and one bird inlay for the show according to the pictures we got from our customer but we did not do enough research about the origin of these designs. As for the frog model, it is a custom model for a player and we did not carefully check if it is designed by him. As soon as we noted that these are Mr. Moore’s design, we stop producing them.

We do not and will not put these models into mass production and Ayers will provide 10000 USD to anyone found and bought other Uluru ukulele with Chuck Moore design.

Ayers respect Mr. Moore as an incredible ukulele maker and are really sorry for the mess we brought him. We also want to apologize to the players in the ukulele community for our improper move. We appreciate all the comments and will pay extra attention on the design and copyright in the future.

Chengfa - Uluru ukulele

Will you send the five produced ukes to Mr. Moore?

Thanks to the OP for the contribution. I suspect many readers will remain sceptical.

To everyone else, please exercise restraint and judgement in your responses. We expect the same standards of conduct in this thread as we do in every other.

I suspect this apology is a copy of an apology . , although a very good copy.

Actions reinforce the sincerity of the verse.

This time it is from the actual owner, which I hope he holds his word and Lets hope we hear of no more Moore Bettah copies or about this again... thank you Mr. Chengfa

Just curious . . . was this posted on the Uluru website?

Pretty clear the apology is all BS designed for damage control it's clear they have already been made for production and are still for sale.

It's not for sale on taobao. The item / description is still there but it's off the shelf already. (此宝贝已下架 == the item is off the shelf, not for sale)

BTW, the 3 ukuleles on taobao mentioned in the other thread are all off the shelf now.

Last edited:
Seems pretty sincere to me and a 10 grand bounty for a Uke knock off , sounds great to me. Now if only I can be sure the money is real ,lol . Really I'm surprised Chuck got this kind of action from the owner . I'm into RC helicopters and if you want to see Chinese knock offs check them out . They even brag about there products being knock offs .

Last edited:
It's not for sale on taobao. The item / description is still there but it's off the shelf already. (此宝贝已下架 == the item is off the shelf, not for sale)

BTW, the 3 ukuleles on taobao mentioned in the other thread are all off the shelf now.

Thank you for sharing the info with us....I cannot read chinese....I am guessing he may and hope he took care of things...

It would be more sincere if he destroyed the 5 mentioned.

I believe there was one selling on Jumping Flea Market place a month ago...with the Mijito's on it....the person got it a NAMM show a few years back...he said the MSRP was close to $3000.00

Seems sincere to me.

I think the point has been driven home and many members have made it very clear to Uluru/Ayers that this type of behavior will not be tolerated or supported. In light of all of the cultural differences that exist I have to believe that this apology is sincere. To get a response at all certainly shows what kind of clout UU has! To that end, everyone should be congratulated! Hopefully, we have all learned lessons from this. Even if I haven't agreed with all of the responses to this matter, I have learned a great deal about what is generally accepted and not accepted in today's world. It's been "interesting" if nothing else. I sincerely want to thank all of you who has stood behind me and have been vocal in this messy ordeal. Let's move on, OK?
Mahalo, Chuck

I think the point has been driven home and many members have made it very clear to Uluru/Ayers that this type of behavior will not be tolerated or supported. In light of all of the cultural differences that exist I have to believe that this apology is sincere. To get a response at all certainly shows what kind of clout UU has! To that end, everyone should be congratulated! Hopefully, we have all learned lessons from this. Even if I haven't agreed with all of the responses to this matter, I have learned a great deal about what is generally accepted and not accepted in today's world. It's been "interesting" if nothing else. I sincerely want to thank all of you who has stood behind me and have been vocal in this messy ordeal. Let's move on, OK?
Mahalo, Chuck

Very nice Chuck!

Just got to point out that even in their latest apology they are still lying. They say they only made two of Chuck's Dragons, but there are two different dragons on the taobao site and they are not the same dragon ukes pics originally referenced in the thread 2 months ago. The wood grain is obviously different.

Top Bottom