David Newton Cigar Box Concert Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
SOLD

Hi All,

I bought this CBU concert new from David Newton (he's a custom ukulele and guitar builder from Beaumont, Texas) a few months ago for $300 without a case. If has a cedar (maybe spanish?) top, mahogany sides and I believe a cypress back. I think the neck is spanish cedar which he uses a lot. If not, it would be mahogany. For you sound hole sniffers, this one has a great aroma!

It's in fantastic condition....I've barely played it which is why I thought I'd pass it along, plus it's been a bad UAS month.

The uke is very very very light, loud, full and rich. It's comfortable to hold and attracts attention.

I modified a foam hard case and it now fits it snugly.....it ain't pretty inside but it works. It's included if you want it.

Price is $225 shipped....PayPal gift preferred.

Iphone recording: https://soundcloud.com/d-mace/newton-cbu

photo 1-1.jpgphoto 2-1.jpgphoto 3-1.jpgphoto 4-1.jpg

Last edited:
So it's not a real cigar box right?

Good question that I forgot to include in the description. Yes, not a real cigar box. David builds them from scratch.

I bought the sister uke to this one, and I haven't been able to put it down. Light as can be, with a terrific voice and fantastic playability. This is a STEAL!!

I bought the sister uke to this one, and I haven't been able to put it down. Light as can be, with a terrific voice and fantastic playability. This is a STEAL!!

Yes....Ernie! Yours sounds just like mine!

Where else can you find a cigar box that sounds like that??
Handmade from seasoned tonewoods... for the price of a Chinese import??
I can't believe this is still available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom