Are My Kala Red Concert Strings the Right Ones?

Pharmaceutical.Bandit

Reaction score
anyone got a set lying around? or have a set on their concert ukulele?

i bought a set of them on monday and since i was with a friend when i purchased them, i didnt bother taking a look at what was inside the package. i simply purchased, got in my car, and went to lunch with my friend. while we were on the way to having lunch i asked her to take one out and was disappointed to see that the string was black and looked like a GHS string. it was black and plastic feeling. well i didn't care, i was on a mission to try out all strings. a few days later i looked at the package and the package says to not trim off wrapped string ends of red nylon wound strings. so out of curiosity, i took a look at all the strings. they all seem kind of short and none of them are wound or red.

well, what i'm ultimately trying to find out is whether or not i got the strings that are supposed to be in the package. or have i been the victim of somebody's crime of switching strings and returning them? or has the store i've purchased from screwed me royally out of 8 dollars? please help me out.

thanks

-jeremie

I probably wouldn't have cared either if I was with my friends, so no shame :D

Try going back to the store and ask them what's going on with your strings. They'll probably first tell you, if the know, what happened or if you missed something, then they'll either refund them, or give you the right one's free. I don't know what might happen otherwise.

anyways after researching and cooling my head off from the frustration of possibly getting the wrong strings, i have come to the conclusion that they are indeed the wrong ones.

what the frickkkkkk!?

guess the lesson learned here is to always double check your merchandise.

ill go back to the dude to see if he'll refund me. or swap them out. i hate that i take about a 10 mile drive to his shop just to have to go back. wth.

yea those are wrong mine are red and the C and E string are wound i just put mine are recently and im liking them

Yea, they're red and you my friend got ripped off . . .

well i went back. got the strings swapped. kid gave me some flack. not going back ever.

heres how it went down.

i walk in smiling. the guy/owner is talking to other customers so the only one able to help me is a kid i've never seen. i tell him "well i bought these strings here a couple days ago. seems like the wrong ones are inside. maybe somebody bought em and returned em with something different inside. the strings are curled and even looped at the bottom like they were freshly pulled off." kid tells me in a very agressive manner, "thats not even possible." i say "well i don't have a reciept, but the guy knows who i am." (does it matter if i have a receipt? it' one of those receipts with purple numbers and no store name or anything) kid takes out strings looks at them and lays one down on the counter. i take one out and lay it out on the counter to show him the curled and looped ends. in a very peeved voice he says "which strings are which. YOU put them down on top of each other. now their mixed up!" well i calmly looked down to see that it's the 3rd string and the 1st string. obvious differences in string gauges so i point it out easily. what the friggen point in even puting them in their correct sleeves? you gonna repackage them and try to pass em off as new again? frikk that man... i felt like he wanted to accuse me of swapping strings. i hate that store forever now. when i bought my ukulele i bought a case with it and he tried to give me a case that was dirty and missing the strap. inside the case were used picks both felt and plastic. went back inside the store and got a new one. anyways, after this stupid situation, i walk to the back to see the ukuleles again and i notice that one of their wall displays has kala reds in it. i bet they swapped out the strings and mixed em up or something. some dumb BS. or theyre very shady and tried to pass off the strings. they may be a store that tries to pass off bad merchendise because i remember going to the store and lady who bought a guitar for her husband as a birthday gift had to come back with her husband to show that the guitar's neck and body were bent so the action was terrible and wouldnt play well.

whatever. will not go back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom