Asmus Ukulele

trowacat

Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering one just to try them out, it's nearly impossible to know anything about the quality of their product considering they are a new company. Wondering if you guys would like a review or have any reason to why I shouldn't buy from them!

I'd love a review of it! I was considering buying one myself until I laid eyes on my second-hand Leho ukulele. Have you watched their youtube clip demos? sounds pretty good.

The all solid acacia looks pretty nice in the video aswell.

I'd love a review of it! I was considering buying one myself until I laid eyes on my second-hand Leho ukulele. Have you watched their youtube clip demos? sounds pretty good.

The all solid acacia looks pretty nice in the video aswell.

Great! Ill let you know when I receive it. Unless like you I find a great deal on a second.

I won a Sapele soprano from them about a month ago. I've been meaning to write a review but just haven't gotten around to it.

That could be interesting! Mind doing a mini review right here for us? haha

Overall I like it but it does have some minor issues. Biggest issue for me is it's very neck heavy. It has sealed geared tuners two of which were installed crooked; the moment I picked it up that jumped out at me. I've installed some Grover 2B's and that issue has been resolved but when I installed them the tuner holes were drilled very sloppily. Interior construction is solid but a little sloppy. I like the sound of it a lot. Sapele is a form of Mahogany (some builders refer to it as African Mahogany) and sounds very similar to my Pono MS. To my ear, the Asmus sounds a little deeper but very balanced. Intonation and action are great right out of the box. For an all solid soprano for less that $100 it's a great buy overall. I will probably end up buying an Acacia uke from them at some point.

Thanks a lot! I'm actually going to be purchasing the acacia tenor, ill hope it doesn't have the same problems you described. I'm happy to hear the sound is good though!

Thanks a lot! I'm actually going to be purchasing the acacia tenor, ill hope it doesn't have the same problems you described. I'm happy to hear the sound is good though!

These are simply rebranded Koa Pili Kokos from the photos. Made by the company making melekoa and others all originally KPK

These are simply rebranded Koa Pili Kokos from the photos. Made by the company making melekoa and others all originally KPK

And this is why we keep Mike around.

:)

Ill take this as a good thing considering I've heard good about KPK, I've placed my order, so I hope so. :)

Top Bottom