Your favorite song to play on ukulele.

trowacat

Reaction score
I'm looking for new songs to learn on the uke and I was wondering what are some of your favorites!

Ones that I will usually whip out at a store (take that out of context....heh)

-Boodle Am Shake
-Me & Julio Down by the Schoolyard (easy 1-4-5 in A)
-Solsbury Hill (the intro sits really well if you put it in C)

Ones that I will usually whip out at a store (take that out of context....heh)

-Boodle Am Shake
-Me & Julio Down by the Schoolyard (easy 1-4-5 in A)
-Solsbury Hill (the intro sits really well if you put it in C)

Hahaha, that got a good laugh out of me.
Ill check all of these out thanks!

Heya, Monkey.

Any way you could share your arrangement of Solsbury Hill? I'd love to learn it. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Casey

'Doctor Jazz' or the old perrenials
'Ain't She Sweet' or 'Five Foot Two'!

Heya, Monkey.

Any way you could share your arrangement of Solsbury Hill? I'd love to learn it. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Casey

Give me a bit, but I can probably write something up for it, or maybe do a quick video demo. It's actually really easy, once you see it. Hardest part is remembering that it's in 7/4.

Last edited:
Anything I can remember all the chords and words to.

Bye Bye Blues
I'm Beginning to See the Light
I'll Fly Away
Ain't We Got Fun?
The Best Things in Life Are Free
Blue Skies
Bye Bye Blackbird
Get Out and Get Under the Moon
Give My Regards to Broadway

I love songs from the 20s and 30s even though it's before my time. They're all from The Daily Ukulele"

Current favorite is what ever I am learning at the moment = Here, There and Everywhere.

I currently like "fly me to the moon", "beyond the sea", "summertime" from scorpexuke.com

"raindrops keep fallin on my head", i sort of merged several tabs for this one (C Cmaj7, Gm7, C7 for chord progression and Em instead of Em7 where noted).

"le vie en rose" http://www.doctoruke.com/lavieenrose.pdf

"summertime" and "le vie enrose" I picked up from videos posted on UU.

of course you have to sing!

Bye Bye Blues
I'll Fly Away
Ain't We Got Fun?
Blue Skies
Bye Bye Blackbird

I love songs from the 20s and 30s even though it's before my time. They're all from The Daily Ukulele"

Maybe I should consider getting this book, would you recommend it?

Maybe I should consider getting this book, would you recommend it?

I would, for sure. Very user-friendly, the arrangements are simple and there's an enormous range of music to suit many tastes. If you're predominantly into the old-time stuff however, I would look here

Bye Bye Blues
I'll Fly Away
Ain't We Got Fun?
Blue Skies
Bye Bye Blackbird

Me too! I love that era. I was getting ready to play a few songs for a party with my parents and a bunch of their friends, and my mom said, "Don't you know anything, you know, newer?"

My favorites right now are "I'm an Old Cowhand (from the Rio Grande)" and "Dream a Little Dream of Me," but in general I'm in one of my nothing-written-after-1940 phases.

depends on what I am trying to learn at the time. Right now I am working on a song Eugene Ukulele posted "It had to be you". My wife really doesn't mind the words :) I am trying to work in the flats and "taps" Jon does!

It constantly changes. Right now, I am enjoying "Tonight, You Belong to Me" from the movie, The Jerk. Also, "Give Me Love", by George Harrison and "If I Had You" - an oldie.

Top Bottom