Wtb: KPK or other used cutaway tenor

gadha007

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to buy a nice used cutaway tenor in great condition at a reasonable price. I'm setting my budget at 200$ for now in the used market but am flexible on how much higher I can go. Wish I had a higher budget, but I'm still in school.

Please post here or PM me if you can help me out.

Mahalo
Angadh

Good luck. I got a great deal on a KPK cutaway concert and love it. Has ebony nut and saddle, and it rings and rings. A little heavy, but so what. It's a keeper. If I could get a tenor as cheaply, I'd snag it in a heartbeat.

Why did you let go of the KPK, ukemunga?

I had a sound board crack along the grain repaired. I had the uke in a padded gig bag and I bumped it on a doorframe as I walked through it. It was such a gentle bump I thought nothing of it. Next day I took it out of the bag and discovered the crack.

The day after that the hard case arrived that I had ordered.

It was clean and pressed back together well. I had it cleated and glued by a pro luthier and was fine with it.

Then at UWC this year I was offered a Mainland Mahogany Concert in trade and agreed. And I love the Mainland. 4th one I've had. I've traded a few in and out just to try different ukes.

But I think I'll get another KPK sometime in the near future. Mine was Acacia and that's as close as I'm getting to Koa for a while...

Last edited:
Hi

I'm looking to buy a nice used cutaway tenor in great condition at a reasonable price. I'm setting my budget at 200$ for now in the used market but am flexible on how much higher I can go. Wish I had a higher budget, but I'm still in school.

Please post here or PM me if you can help me out.

Mahalo
Angadh

If you could stretch another $400 (LOL) I have a very nice sweet cut-a-way for sale. It would be the last uke you'd need to buy for a long time. Koa (real koa) back and sides, redwood top, p/u installed and a hard case. Shipped to your door (unless you live in Europe or out of the states).

If you could stretch another $400 (LOL) I have a very nice sweet cut-a-way for sale. It would be the last uke you'd need to buy for a long time. Koa (real koa) back and sides, redwood top, p/u installed and a hard case. Shipped to your door (unless you live in Europe or out of the states).

LOL indeed. :)

Well, I totally missed the thread on the risa uke solid until now. I'm going to try to get that if it's still available. I know it's not a tenor or a cutaway but at least I will have access to all 15 frets that I can't do presently on my soprano. Looks like a good day, so far.

I had a sound board crack along the grain repaired. I had the uke in a padded gig bag and I bumped it on a doorframe as I walked through it. It was such a gentle bump I thought nothing of it. Next day I took it out of the bag and discovered the crack.

The day after that the hard case arrived that I had ordered.

It was clean and pressed back together well. I had it cleated and glued by a pro luthier and was fine with it.

Then at UWC this year I was offered a Mainland Mahogany Concert in trade and agreed. And I love the Mainland. 4th one I've had. I've traded a few in and out just to try different ukes.

But I think I'll get another KPK sometime in the near future. Mine was Acacia and that's as close as I'm getting to Koa for a while...

Wow! That's unfortunate about the crack and the irony of the hard case showing up the next day.The trade story is quite amazing too. I'm guessing that uke trades are a common feature at UWC, but hearing about it still blows my mind quit a bit.

That you'd get another KPK is definitely something good to know especially after you having tried so many ukes out.

Top Bottom